Sunday, January 29, 2006

The Conception

This is probably way more information than anyone wants to know, including Annabelle when she is a teenager or grown for that matter, but I know for a fact that Annabelle was conceived on Sunday, January 29th, 2006.

How do I know that? Well, that is really none of your business!

I ovulated the very next day, and I told hubby then, "That was it!" Deep down, I really knew then that we had just conceived Annabelle, but I completely denied it when the pregnancy test showed up as positive. I remember thinking after looking at the pregnancy test, "There is no way I am possibly pregnant! There must be something wrong with this test."

I know some people don't know when they ovulate, but back then, I knew. I had the obvious signs, but I won't publish those here. I don't know when I ovulate so much any more, but fortunately, my periods are very regular now, much unlike then. My periods fluctuated dramatically back in 2005 and 2006, anywhere from 6 weeks +.

I actually went off birth control in October 2005. It wasn't in the hopes of getting pregnant though. Birth control pills were actually making me a little loony! In all actuality, they were causing my moods to swing dramatically. I was just a very mean person to my husband, and I knew it was caused by the hormones, which were escalated by the birth control pills. Actually, I "planned" to get pregnant the same month that Annabelle was actually born, October 2006. So, she was in actuality 9 months early! And, I say, "I" planned because hubby was ready for a little one long before me.

Dear Annabelle,

God obviously had very different plans for our lives. I know I was getting a little too caught up in my career again, and I think it was his way of telling me to slow down and take life easy. I think He wanted me to stop and smell the roses! And, that is exactly what I have done since you've been born, for the most part. I have truly enjoyed being a mother to you, and I've found so many more joys in life besides work (for pay). You bring such joy to our lives, and I cannot imagine my life without you.

Love,

Mommy

Posted on Monday, February 23rd, 2009 at 11:50 p.m.

No comments: