Monday, March 2, 2009

Tennessee Vols Snowman

We had plenty of snow left to play in this morning, and this time, I was able to convince Annabelle to go and play in the snow with me. I had to carry her outside, and she didn't want to walk in the snow until I showed her how the snow crunched beneath my boot. She still was reluctant, but she finally took the chance, and off she trotted!

Of course, she didn't make it far without picking up her beloved sticks!

And, then, we (scratch that), I, built a snow man. Annabelle did pick out the hat from her Daddy's hat storage cabinet though. Big surprise on the color and team, right?!?!

I don't think I ever realized that you could literally roll the snow to make the snow balls for the snow man (until today). I'm thinking that my parents never built a snow man with me during my childhood. Shame on them! And, now I am prepared to make the biggest snow ball ever the next time it snows. Watch out hubby!

Our Tennessee Vols snowman had a carrot for a nose, grapes for eyes, leaves for ears, raisins for buttons and sticks for arms! I remembered the Tennessee scarf of mine after we had already gone inside, and Annabelle was not interested in going back outside to put the scarf on the snowman.

Our poor snow man didn't last more than an hour before he tumbled forward. I couldn't see the Tennessee hat from the house, so I thought for sure that some mean Georgia fan knocked our snowman down and stole his hat, but apparently, I was wrong. I found the hat beneath the snowman's head on the ground. Poor Tennessee snowman!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures and write up. You should show her how to make snow angels next time and get those pictures. I can't help it if you can't remember everything you did when you were little. I'm sure we made our share of snowmen when we had the snow.

I see you've been messing with your blog again. When did I sink so low on the pole? I used to be closer to the top, didn't I?

At least I'm not at the bottom with your hubby.

Kami said...

Looks like fun!

Tracey said...

You don't remember making snow men? We made them in my yard b/c we got more b/c of drifts. We made them wildcats and old people.

Jodi said...

How cute!! Annabelle is so lucky to be able to make snowmen in her childhood. I grew up in south Florida....I didn't even know what snow was until I was a teenager!! Ha! Ha!