God blessed me with a little girl, and as a result, a huge dent in my pocketbook!
The clothes for little girls are absolutely adorable! Of course, I pay no attention to the boy clothes because, right now, I don't have to. And, well, they don't seem all that cute either.
I've never been the best dressed in town. And, frankly, I don't have much of a sense of style (for myself that is). Mostly because I can never find anything that fits me properly in my size (either too long, too big or both)! And, I'm too darn cheap to spend a lot of money on clothes for myself. Now, my daughter is a different story!
One trip to Gymboree, and I've spent the year's budget! You've got the dresses, the leggings (in the winter), the tights, the socks and the cutest matching barrettes and hair bows! How can you not blow your budget?
And, Annabelle is learning very quickly. I am afraid of the mess of a little girl we are going to have on our hands in 7+ years! Shopping with her today was a challenge. The girl has got an opinion. Does anyone know who she got that from? If you ask her if she likes something, she will tell you, and it doesn't take her long to decide.
While in Gymboree redeeming my Gymbucks for the least possible amount of money, Annabelle found three bracelets at $9.95 each, two sets of barrettes (one with butterflies and the other with flowers) at $7.00 for the set of two and approximately 10 pairs of big girl panties that we needed to buy (according to her) at $3.49 each!
"We need to buy dese Mommy," she would say.
Then, "Dese are pity!" Translation: These are pretty!
She walked away with nothing that she wanted to buy because her taste is NOT located on the sales rack.
As we walked out of the mall, she felt the need to touch everything in her sight that she could reach. Again, not sure who she gets that from! We passed some very big girl (teenage) belts that Annabelle thought were "pity." I hope her tastes in belts changes in a few years or we're going to have to watch the boys. That dimple is already going to get her in enough trouble!
Perhaps I should pray that my next child is a boy!
P.S. I have apparently always been known to touch everything in a store just in passing. I know I do it, and I even touch things I'm not even looking at just to feel them. Sometimes I think I do it subconsciously. Hubby noticed this himself very early on in our relationship. So, now you know who she gets it from! I'm afraid I cannot deny this child. She has my personality inside and out except she may be a tad bit more outgoing than me.
2 years ago
3 comments:
Too funny! I have a feeling I will be this way too. I'm not super trendy myself but when I see those little girl smocked dresses and matching hair bows, I lose my mind! I may need a 2nd job- lol.
My best advice - STAY AWAY FROM THE MALL!!
I don't know what I would do if I had a little girl (and I'll never know). I love being able to dress this kid in t-shirts and jeans. But on the other hand I love buying non girly stuff for my niece.
oh dear ...we should take the girls shopping together. or not. LOL
Post a Comment