Apparently, when your daughter reaches the ripe old age of 5 years, someone in the system miraculously knows she turned 5 and begins to send American Girl catalogs. I just want to know who sold Annabelle's birthday and address to American Girl?
Annabelle's "Dear Santa, I want..." consists of nine items. Three of those items are Hallmark "princess" ornaments. The other six...well...those were all cut out from the Christmas American Girl catalog. And, folks, these things aren't cheap!
Fortunately, she's not asking for an American Girl doll because "I've already got Big Girl." Big Girl is her knock off American Girl designed by Madame Alexander that Nonnie bought her for Christmas several years ago.
And as for any other Christmas wishes, "I'm going to let Santa decide on the rest." She stated this as she finished gluing the pictures of her wants to her "Dear Santa" letter.
The following conversation was just had with Annabelle when she came out for her midnight potty break:
Annabelle: Mommy, tell him that the big, big presents don't have to go inside.
Mommy: What big present are you talking about?
Annabelle: The lemonade stand.
I guess she hasn't figured out the lemonade stand is actually doll size!
Following is her American Girl wish list with prices noted:
1. Snowshoe Set $28
2. Salon Chair $58
3. Salon Styling Caddy $49
4. Kanani's Shave Ice Stand $115
5. Fairy Costume Accessories $20
6. Kit's Scooter $24
And, honestly, her list isn't too extravagant at all (especially if you've seen all of the stuff in the catalog). I told her that she needs to mark a number next to her wants in order from most favorite to least favorite. I tried to explain to her that Santa cannot bring her everything she wants because Mommy and Daddy actually have to pay Santa. Of course, she did say, "I think Santa is going to bring me everything I want!" Boy, she is going to be sadly mistaken!
And by the way, the salon chair and salon styling caddy are quite appropriate as Annabelle has already decided on a future profession. She wants to work at Piccadilly as a hair stylist! I kid you not! She told me a long story several months ago about how she's going to be a hair stylist at the cafeteria restaurant, Piccadilly. If you come to eat at Piccadilly, you are required to have your hair styled. Though you aren't to pay for the hair style service. Her future profession as a pro bono hair stylist is going to keep this nest full!
3 years ago
4 comments:
Apparently Elizabeth has outgrown her own American Girl doll because I saw it at your house one day. Don't know if she forgot about it that one day or if it was intentional on her part! And you really can't tell that much difference between her doll and Big Girl that Nonnie got her. Big Girl just comes with a lot of loving from a little girl.
Reminds me of the night we took the girls to Piccadilly and Annabelle made the comment that one of the young men sitting very near by had earrings in his ears. She's observant. That's hard to explain why the guy was wearing earrings to a then four year old. Especially when the two guys were snickering, waiting for my reply, obviously!
She does love to style Granddaddy's hair and tattles when he won't let her do it. I'm a prime candidate when I allow her to plow through my hair, which is NEVER. I have my own issues with hair without her adding to it, no matter how much she thinks she can make it look better.
That's funny how Annabelle wants some American Girl accessories because Audrey was looking through the catalog recently and told me the things she wants (even though she doesn't care for dolls much) because they are "cool". And everything she thought was "cool" were the accessories! I still keep getting their catalog even though I haven't purchased more than a horse from them and that was back in 2006 for our niece. Amazing how they always know our new address even after moving 3x since then! I like your idea of having Annabelle cut out pictures for her Santa Wish List. That would be great for Audrey, to help with some fine motor skills.
Ahh, we've had AG Christmases for the past couple of years, since Katie turned 6. We've been to an AG birthday party at the bistro (not Katie's!), and we've had tea at the bistro. Katie has two AG dolls--her Just Like Me doll and Kanani. Amanda (her Just Like Me) was her big gift from Santa two years ago. She opted for Kanani for her birthday this year in place of a party. We actually love AG--they have some adorable toys, and we don't go overboard. It's the one toy she hasn't grown tired of at all. She get AG clothes and accessories for her birthday, Christmas, and when she saves her money!
That is so so so cute. I love Christmas time with the kiddos.
My kids are so obsessed with AG, too. And I'm so sorry to break it to you but Kanani's shave ice stand is sold out forever. Not that I was going to buy it, though I do admit getting the dang piano for Chloe this year. Santa is going to be the hero, because she's getting one other 3 dollar item from us! Hee hee.
Not only does my 5 year old want an American Girl this and that, she wants an iPad! HA HA HA! She's pretty funny.
I am sure Annabelle will adore whatever Santa brings. They have a way of forgetting the things on their list when they see what's actually under the tree!
Post a Comment