We are only a few weeks into our Kindergarten curriculum with Heart of Dakota, but I asked Annabelle this evening what she enjoys most. She actually surprised me with her first choice as I didn't think she was a huge fan of history at first! These are her selections in order from her most favorite to her least favorite.
1. History (because she gets to read the Bible)
2. Reddy Fox (aka Storytime)
3. Devotionals, particularly Little Visits with God ("because it is like reading the Bible.")
4. The Reading Lesson
5. Math
6. Handwriting
She studies science too, but I think she is lumping that in with the history lesson. Annabelle loves reading her Bible. She would read her Bible all day long if I didn't encourage her to read other books for pleasure. Her love for the Bible began with The Beginner's Bible. We bought her that first Bible for Easter 2011. I personally think the characters are a little funny looking, but it is definitely one of her favorites! Fortunately, the Easter Bunny brought her The Jesus Storybook Bible for Easter this year. And that is also a new favorite for her!
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment