Okay, so I'm a little behind keeping up on Annabelle's new found talents and "firsts", so I am going to recap now.
Friday, November 9th
On Thursday, I spent 2 hours in the kitchen cooking a Cooking Light recipe, Italian Meat Rolls, my husband had found for us to try when I asked him to help me find a new recipe for the week (as I'm tired of eating the same thing over and over again), and I have a really hard time picking out new recipes. So, we won't be trying this recipe again! It was such a pain, and I told him that if he liked it, he would be making it next time. Okay, well, that's off subject. I just had to mention it though because they were a nightmare to make, and I was not happy with him for picking out such a complicated recipe. I told him it looked complicated too! But, I'm not going to complain too much because at least he helped me find a recipe, right?
So, with the Italian Meat Rolls, we had zucchini sauteed with onions and peppers. It was very good by the way (the zucchini, that is), and it was the first time we've had zucchini cooked in this manner. So, we ate late that evening, so Annabelle had already eaten by the time dinner was ready. So, on Friday, November 9th, she had zucchini, onions and peppers for the very first time, and she really seemed to like them. Yea! Maybe we've found something besides peaches, bananas and cottage cheese that she'll actually eat.
Sunday, November 11th
I cooked a roast for dinner, and I made squash sauteed with onions and peppers as the side (similar to the zucchini we had on Thursday and Friday). And, once again, Annabelle really seemed to like the squash as well. She had the squash again on Monday, but by Tuesday, she was not interested in the squash again. It seems that my little girl is not a big fan of leftovers.
This evening, while I was cleaning up Annabelle's room a little bit before bedtime, Annabelle was sitting on the floor flipping through her favorite book, "My First100 Words." I think that is the title. I'll have to double check tomorrow when Annabelle wakes up, and I'll correct my post with the correct title. So, as she was flipping, it sounded like she said, "What's this?" This isn't actually the first time I heard her say this as I'm pretty sure she said "What's this?" earlier last week. I just have a really hard time deciphering her babblings. But, as soon as I mentioned it, Nonnie (my husband's mom) agreed that it sounded like she said "What's this?"
Also, during dinner earlier in the evening, it sounded like she said, "Thank you" again. I haven't heard her use it very much since she said it the first time I thought I heard her, but once again, Nonnie validated that it sounded like "Thank you."
Oh! And how did I almost forget?!?! During Annabelle's breakfast this morning, my husband was feeding Annabelle while I was busy trying to steam her smocked 1st birthday dress for the photo shoot, and Annabelle said, "Ma Ma." She looked over at me when she said it, and she just smiled. I turned to my husband and I said, "Did she just say Ma Ma?" He said, "It sounded like it?" So, I am thinking that she said "Ma Ma" for the first time on Sunday. Of course though, I am writing this blog on Wednesday, and I have yet heard her refer to me as "Ma Ma" again. I know she knows me as "Ma Ma" and her Daddy as "Da Da," but that stubborn little girl just won't say it! I think she's said "Da Da" directly to her Daddy as well (before Sunday), but I wasn't completely sure at the time that she was directing it towards him, so I didn't document it.
Monday, November 12th
I believe that Annabelle is also trying to say "Please" when she wants more at mealtime. She doesn't use this word very often though as she mostly points and then starts to whine when she doesn't get what she wants.
Tuesday, November 13th
Annabelle is learning how to get on her little riding toy (that used to be the push toy before she started officially walking) all by herself. She still needs a little assistance though as she tries to straddle the seat by starting with the leg farthest from the seat. That isn't going to work Annabelle! I just noticed on Tuesday that once she is on the riding toy, she can move herself backwards on the toy using her little feet. She hasn't quite figured out how to move herself forward yet though. I am sure that will come very soon though.
While she was riding on her little riding toy, she had her play cell phone in her hand. Being the sweet and giving child that she normally is, she held out her hand (with the cell phone in it) as if she was trying to hand me the play cell phone. I reached out to grab it, and when I did, she jerked it back quickly, smiled and made this little sound, "Ha Ha." She was faking me out! And, she knew that she was faking me out. I instantly thought, okay, who taught her how to do that? Grandmama!!! Of course, I just asked Grandmama about it today, Wednesday, and she said that she had not taught her how to do that. Sure!
Wednesday, November 14th
This evening, after our excursion to Burt's Farm in Dawsonville earlier in the day with Grandmama and Granddaddy, Annabelle decided to find something new to climb (since her little white chair was missing in action). While we were looking through the pictures we had taken earlier in the day, I turned around to see my little girl climbing on top of the cats' scratching post. I had not turned my head but for maybe 1 second! I had just vacuumed the office, so I had put the scratching post in the kitchen while I vacuumed, and I had not moved it back yet. Annabelle was playing in the kitchen, where I could see her, but I turned to look at one of the pictures for 1 second, and she proceeded to climb up onto the scratching post, and when I saw her, she was sitting on her little feet just about ready to stand up. I immediately ran over and grabbed her off! It scared me the most because the scratching post was in our kitchen which has slate floors...very dangerous! What is up with all of the climbing though? I am thinking it is time to pull out the baby gates. I think it is so important to let babies explore, and up until just recently, I have been able to follow Annabelle around constantly (when she was crawling and when she just learned to walk). But now that she is practically running, I cannot turn my head for even a second before she's gone!
2 years ago
5 comments:
It really was a nice day today and the great lunch at the restaurant with all the good food! And Annabelle was a good little camper today, walking around and enjoying the leaves.
You were mentioning recipes earlier in your post.....I have a VERY easy, virtually non-fat chicken recipe if you're interested. You have to like sour cream, though...but if you do, it's a really yummy recipe and unbelievable easy to make! Just let me know. :-)
Annabelles Mommy,
Speaking for my wife and myself, we LOVE easy recipies!
Hi again! :-) For your question, it is really easy to respond to one of your questions through my own blog...when I go into my blog and click on the comment button to read your comments (not through the email notification, but through the actual blog itself), it will give me a space to "leave my comment", just as if I were leaving it for somebody else...I'm just leaving a comment for myself, but I'm answering your question in my comment. Try it and let me know if it works for you. :-)
This is the best and EASIEST chicken recipe (actually, this is probably the easiest recipe I have EVER found!) It has only THREE (3) ingredients and is SO EASY! Let me know how you like it! :-)
Creamy Chicken
*1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts*
**16oz pkg sour cream**
***10.5oz can Cream of Mushroom soup***
Preheat oven to 350°. Place chicken in large baking (or casserole) dish. Mix sour cream and soup in separate bowl. Pour mixture over chicken. Bake for about 1 hour, or until chicken is tender.
*Personally, I really like chicken thighs instead of breasts, because they come out jucier, and are cheaper, but the rest of my family prefers the breasts. Any part of the chicken will work as long as it is boneless and skinless.
**I use fat-free sour cream, just to cut down on the amount of fat in the recipe, but any kind of plain sour cream will work.
***Experimenting with different soups is also fun, as long as it is a creamy soup. Cream of Chicken and Cream of Celery soups are good...one of our favorites is the Cheddar Cheese soup, but this will add some fat to the final meal.
My older daughter really loves it when I make the Creamy Chicken with rice as a side dish, because she likes to use the extra "gravy" from the chicken to pour over her rice. Yummy! :-)
Post a Comment