So, as I said, I've struggled to be the "perfect" everything else since Annabelle was born. Have I mentioned that I have failed miserably? Have I also mentioned that I am slowly getting over it and coming to the realization that I am my own self? I am slowly starting to realize that maybe cooking and cleaning is not my forte, but just as Annabelle is better at some things than other toddlers and other toddlers are better at other things, I myself also have my own strengths and weaknesses.
Based on the above, I finally saw the light last year and decided that I wasn't going to compete any more to make the favorite dish for Granny's because frankly, I never did win! And if you know me, you know how much I really HATE to lose anything! So, last year, I used the KISS motto. Keep it short sweetie!
I took Puppy Chow to Granny's house for Thanksgiving last year which is a mixture of butter, chocolate chips, peanut butter, Crispix cereal and powdered sugar. And would you believe it was a hit!?!? Score!
So, once again, I decided to make another helping of Puppy Chow. And this year, Annabelle got to help! Here we are making a very large helping of Puppy Chow on Thanksgiving shortly before lunch.
This year, Annabelle loved the chocolate chips more than anything, and she wouldn't stop eating the chocolate chips after we had dumped them into the bowl. We finally had to take the bowl away from her because we were afraid that she was going to eat all of the chocolate chips.
Here she is with a pile of chocolate chips stored in her mouth like a chipmunk. Do you see what I mean about her eating all of the chocolate chips? She loves chocolate!
And here she is licking the peanut butter off of her hand because she attempted to steal another chocolate chip before the bowl was confiscated. Great picture, don't you think?!?! I'm not sure if I took it or if hubby took it.
And, then, she used her chocolate covered spoon that had been used to stir the melted chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter to clean off the powdered sugar I had spilled on the counter. It was hilarious to watch as she kept going back for more and more powdered sugar even though there wasn't much left on the counter.
Verdict: Once again, everyone loved the puppy chow! Score again for Mommy and Annabelle!
I think Annabelle actually liked the puppy chow more than anyone as she kept asking for "Puppy Tow" pronounced more like "towel" with the "el" missing. On our last day at Granny's, the Saturday after Thanksgiving, she grabbed the container with the remaining puppy chow bits and pieces and took it to Granny, who was in the back of the house, for her to get Annabelle yet another helping.
Another time on Saturday at Granny's, I caught her sitting on the floor with the puppy chow container in hand. I just wish I had grabbed the camera!
And I wondered why the child wouldn't nap at all on the Friday after Thanksgiving! Do you think she possibly had a little too much puppy chow?
No comments:
Post a Comment