
This afternoon, we met up with Uncle Matt, Aunt Meredith and Cousins Adam and Molly for a Christmas photo shoot at McDaniel Farm Park in Duluth, Georgia. We had planned to meet at 4:30 p.m., and naturally, Annabelle fell asleep for her afternoon nap at 3:00 p.m. after laying in the crib for an hour. So, I woke her up at 3:45 to get her dressed.

She was quite a grump, and she cried until we offered her animal crackers and Daddy brought her the new Scratch and Sniff books he bought for her from Target while gone to Minneapolis this past week. So, we thought she'd wake up by the time we got to the park. Boy were we wrong!
She wanted nothing to do with holding her cousins hands or even walking for that matter. "Hold you Mama! Hold you Mama!" was all I heard as I tried to snap pictures of Adam and Molly.
By the time we walked halfway around the trail only to realize that we couldn't access the front porch to the heritage house, Annabelle was literally shivering. It was 47 degree F! And, we had coats on absolutely no one as we were hoping to capture some great shots in their Christmas attire.
After dinner at our house (white chili and broccoli cheese cornbread muffins), we took one more shot at getting a great picture with the cousins together in Christmas pajamas. Once again, Annabelle did not crack a smile! Well, maybe one smile, but it didn't last long enough.
She was so quiet all evening, and she didn't open up to her jolly, talkative self until after Uncle Matt, Aunt Meredith, Adam and Molly had left for the evening.
After everyone had left, I decided to change Annabelle out of her Christmas pajamas. My theory is that "it isn't even Thanksgiving yet," as I told hubby. Annabelle obviously had other plans, but her Mommy won this time!
As I was attempting to change her, she pulled down on the pajama shirt, and said, "NO! San-ta Cause!" Apparently, her Daddy had told her earlier that she had on her "Santa Claus" pajamas, and she didn't want to take them off!
Of course, I'm not quite sure why since she is currently afraid of Santa Claus, and I don't suspect we are going to get a Santa Claus picture this year.
Here are some of my favorite pictures from this evening:


1 comment:
I love these pictures of my favorite children in the whole world. Jenn you really do have a gift of creativity with your photography. Keep it up.
Love, Nonnie
Post a Comment