She's a mess! Can you tell? This evening Annabelle had her very first lollipop! Honestly, she should have had one a long time ago, but I think in the past I kept putting them away until later, and then I forgot to give them to her. Sadly enough, I think the doctor actually promised one to her after her last wellness checkup, and I picked it up, but I forgot once again to give it to her because I was in a hurry to get home before lunch (since the doctor was running late, as usual), and I didn't want her to choke on it in the car.
So, when she met Santa Claus last, he gave her a grape flavored lollipop. She wanted to open it and eat it on the way to get ice cream which had been promised to her for "sitting in Santa Claus' lap." Ha! Ha! She honestly didn't meet the requirements for that bribe, but how do you tell a two year old "no" to ice cream when she did her very best to get as close to Santa Claus as possible? So, once again, the grape lollipop was taken away for her to enjoy later.
Well, this evening, she found the lollipops once again, and she wanted to "hold em!" She proceeded to lick them, and I threatened and then finally did take them away as she continued to lick them. I told her if she ate a good dinner that she could have either a piece of chocolate, a piece of candy cane or a lollipop.
She ate a great dinner, and she chose the "lollipop!" So, this was yet another first, and these pictures crack me up! As soon as I pulled out the camera, she started smiling her goofy smile while saying "Cheese!" She was so busy holding the lollipops and saying "cheese" that she stopped eating her lollipop, which was the entire reason I pulled out the camera in the first place.
Earlier today, while she was playing with the unopened lollipops, she told me that the pink lollipop was "Mommy's," and the purple lollipop was "Daddy's." This evening, she chose to eat "Mommy's lollipop." Sweet little thing that she is offered me "Daddy's" lollipop.
I turned her down, and I told her, "Annabelle, that is the lollipop that Santa Claus gave you. He gave it to you, so it is yours to eat. You should keep it, and you can eat it another day."
So, as you can see in these pictures, the unopened lollipop is the original lollipop from Santa Claus. And, I still haven't eaten it!





No comments:
Post a Comment