Last night, I went to check on Annabelle before calling it a night. I love to watch her sleep!
Unfortunately, she can be such a light sleeper that she wakes up as soon as I even open the door to her room. The distant light in the hall seems to bother her. Wonder who she gets that from?
Well, last night, I needed to see my sweet girl, so I opened the door and slowly tip toed in. I was peeking down at her, she opened her eyes, looked at me, rolled over and then started whimpering ever so slightly. I decided to exit immediately and swiftly!
Not so quickly she thought! "Sing me a song," she whimpered. So, I sat down and sang her ABC's to her. This is one of her nighttime songs. She even sang along with me, bless her heart! It actually brought tears to my eyes.
So, I finished singing, told her I loved her, and closed the door behind me. Whimpering again!
I entered again and walked over to her crib. Her arms were outreached towards me and she said, "I need a hug." My heart melted! We exchanged hugs, and I began to leave, and this time, she was okay with me leaving, and I left with a happy heart.
When I came back to our bedroom, hubby said, "Are you crazy?"
Yes, a little! I'll chance her waking for another hour just to watch her sleep!
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment