Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Perfect Angel

She's my perfect angel! My perfect angel for the doctor. My perfect angel for her trip to the doctor to discuss her excessive crying. Below is my picture to prove it!


And my perfect angel around anyone I've even told about her excessive fussiness and crying. We went to a block party on our street this evening. I've discussed Sophia's colickyness with our next door neighbor and another lady I had met while walking a few evenings ago. Would you believe that Sophia slept in her Daddy's arms the entire time (2.5 hours) and didn't even make a peep?!?!

Who is this child? I only know the one with the horn in the middle of her forehead. The child who looks bright red all of the time because whenever I see her face, she is screaming. When she isn't screaming her head is buried into my chest because she is attached to me in the Baby Bjorn or sleeping against my chest or sleeping in her Pack-n-Play at night.

I know it could be worse, but I really want to get to know her personally. I want to look into her sweet and curious eyes. I want her to see me smile so she'll give me that first smile. I want to know that she needs me and loves me. Right now, those feelings do not exist.


Dear Sophia,

I hope this discomfort you seem to be feeling will end soon. I hope it is just acid reflux as the doctor suspects. I hope we can solve this easily without waiting the magical 3 months for the colic to end. For I hope and pray that it isn't colic because 3 months is way too long to wait. It is way too long to not know you when I have you here to hold, cuddle and love.

I still love you though, despite your crying, my sweet and fussy girl.

Mommy

1 comment:

Grandmomma said...

Darn it, where did my first post go???

She is a perfect little angel, sometimes. I hope she gets better fast so we can all enjoy spoiling her for no good reason at all.

It's hard to believe it's been four weeks ago that she made her howling entry into this world. I don't blame her for continuing to howl. It's not always a very nice world out here, is it?

Love you!