Monday, August 30, 2010

Heaven on Earth

I've become a little less frugal in my old age. Actually, it is the little people in my life who have changed my frugal ways! I am still cheap, but I splurge when I really want something. I've been eyeing these slings since before Sophia was born. I wish I had reacted earlier because I think I just got a feel of what heaven must be like! The ability to hold snug and cuddle my smallest joy all of the time!

I thought I'd never be able to snuggle my younger children like I did Annabelle. While exploring CVS this evening to burn some Extra Care Bucks, I held my sleeping Sophia nestled next to me in the cradle position. I cuddled and rubbed her sweet body as she slept.

Folks, this is baby wearing at its best! 8 different positions! [There is even a position for carrying twins]. All cotton! No buttons, loops or fasteners! You can even nurse your child in this baby carrier!

I knew it was a must when a lady I met at the children's museum this weekend recommended it. She was obviously very big into attachment parenting (and baby wearing as a result) as she had 7 different baby carriers at home. She was a bit on the extreme end of attachment parenting, so I knew she had done her research. And if you know me, you know some of my parenting tactics are those recommended by Dr. Sears. Of course, the co-sleeping is not really my thing. You wouldn't know that though because Sophia is still sleeping in our bedroom at night! Annabelle was ousted at 2.5 months old.

Bring on the babies while I'm still young! Now I'm thinking 6 may be an ideal number. Hubby, are you cringing yet? Do you believe me yet?

5 comments:

Grandmomma said...

Well, he may not be cringing but...well, you might want to rethink that just a few more kids up. Just remember he doesn't want as many little girls as we may. They can be so dog gone cute!

Sophia does look like a little doll in that thing. Maybe because she is?

I hope you both enjoy your new toy.
It sure looks like a lot of trouble to me. But it's cute!

Melissa said...

Oh! What sling is this? I have an ergo but I'm thinking I really want a sling and would love a recommendation! Have you nursed in it yet? We're sort of able to in the ergo, but I think he needs better head control.

Mommy Belle said...

Melissa - It is the Baby K'Tan. Go to www.babyktan.com for demonstrational videos and a list of vendors selling it in your area. I also heard a lot of people like the Moby baby carriers as well. His head control should improve greatly in the next month though. The Ergo is also on my list of wants as well. I think it would be nice for hiking and for hubby.

Mommy Belle said...

Melissa - I forgot to answer on the nursing question. I nursed in it briefly today. It wasn't as easy as some people made it look, but I've always been one of those who only can nurse in a very specific position. And, it isn't so easy for them to just switch sides for nursing if you nurse in the cradle position.

usafinks said...

...remember 6 kids never walk in the same direction! :D

jk

I got something very simular when we went to China for Annalee. She attached very, very quickly. I agree: It is heaven!

ps. S is just as beautiful as ever!!