Sunday, September 19, 2010

Miss Personality

It is as if she turned 5 months old and she now has to show her tempered personality!

If you take a toy away from Sophia (even for just a second), she will now exert herself with quite a little attitude. She immediately puts up a fuss about it. I knew that girl had a temper in her! It just disappeared for a little while until she was able to find it again.

And, if Mommy isn't the one rocking her to sleep at night, she will scream at the top of her lungs. That, of course, hasn't changed though. Once I have her in my arms though, the crying stops instantly. Annabelle didn't start that nonsense until her one year molars started pushing through around 14 months of age. Before then, hubby could rock her to sleep at night.

After we got past the initial colicky period, I would have sworn to you that Sophia is Annabelle's twin sister, just 3.5 years later. Apparently I was wrong in my assumption.

Why am I afraid that Sophia may be harder to raise than my oldest, stubborn and very independent child?

Oh, that's right! Because she seems to favor her Daddy quite a bit. Everyone says that no two children are ever alike and that one typically favors one parent while the other favors the other parent. Well, Annabelle hands down favors me! Miss Personality, on the other hand, favors her Daddy!

And, for the record, for the older folks out there (you know who you are...Grand somethings), if Annabelle tells you she wants a baby brother, do not assume I am pregnant! Hubby decided to plant that seed into her brain this evening. "Do you want a baby brother or baby sister?" he asked. "Huh?!?!" I said. Maybe he is actually opening up to the idea of another child? But, I've got news for him and everyone else...I need a few more years!

2 comments:

Grandmomma said...

I haven't gotten my second trip out west we planned before this second one came. Remember...No. 1 child caused my first trip to be put off until ummm, around six months old! We'd better get on the ball making the second trip pretty soon. Then we can talk about the third trip, I mean baby.

I smile as I write this because I'm remembering sweet Annabelle determined to poke her little head around the blanket you had put over her stroller to block her view from (I won't say what because she was where she wasn't supposed to be).She was supposed to be sleeping and you had pushed her around the entire huge area and she was determined she would not sleep. And she didn't. She was quite the determined little girl even back then.

And I remember the woman from another country who snapped her picture. She was quite adorable and irrestible, I must say. Wonder if she ever appeared in a newspaper or magazine we never knew about? I still believe she thought Annabelle was her little granddaughter in another life. It was sweet but sad at the same time.

Shall we pack our things now?

Bebe Blogger said...

Hilarious! I told you! Same-sex siblings born back to back are usually as opposite as night and day. Sophia seems to be preparing for the role of "middle child" already. My sister was the same way. lol