Saturday, May 12, 2012

Box Day!

In the homeschooling world, when new curriculum arrives in the mail, it is known as box day!  It is at this time that the homeschooling parent and child get to sift through all of the new materials.
We celebrated our Box Day today!  I finally decided that Annabelle was placed in a guide a little too young for her.  It pained me to move on up as Little Hands to Heaven is such a sweet guide.  It would have been perfect when Annabelle was 3 or 4 years old, but she needs to be challenged just a little bit more, and I could sense the boredom with her "school Bible."

So I placed my order Tuesday evening, it shipped early Wednesday morning, and we received it today!  Heart of Dakota's customer service is exceptional!

Annabelle has been suffering from a stomach bug today, but she was still so anxious to open the box despite her aching tummy.  She didn't want to wait!

Despite all of the new goodies and new chapter books (and she loves her some chapter books), she was a bit disappointed that her new "school Bible" had not yet arrived.  I ordered the Bible from a different vendor, so it should arrive by Monday or Tuesday.  But, she mentioned that she is more excited about her new Bible than any of the rest of it.  Annabelle loves her some Bible!  If you ask her, it is truly her favorite book.  The girl cannot get enough of it!

Here are pictures of our Box Day for Heart of Dakota's Little Hearts for His Glory.  I am so very anxious to get started with this new curriculum for her official start to Kindergarten.  I really think she is going to like it.



And the placement of the box on top of her head was completely her idea!  But it made for a really cute picture!  Crazy girl! 

1 comment:

Bebe Blogger said...

Great pictures! Sounds like y'all are really enjoying the homeschool curriculum and that everything is going well with it. That's wonderful! I'm proud of you for going with your heart and taking a leap of faith. It's paying off! :)