So, yesterday, Monday, December 3rd, Annabelle was found playing in the bathroom with the toilet paper roll. By the time I arrived at the scene of the crime, that little booger had almost completely unrolled a half roll of toilet paper (a half roll because only a half roll was remaining). I started to stop the violence, but instead, I ran to grab the camera as this was a picture moment. Before I even left the bathroom, she had unrolled the entire half roll remaining with the last sheet still clinging to the roll. Naturally though, before I could even arrive back to the scene of the crime, she had come to find me herself in the office (with a stream of toilet paper following her). Again, naturally, the toilet paper ripped off of her, so the somewhat bit of a great picture moment, was somewhat ruined until I decided to take a picture of the long stream hanging over her shoulder with sheets in front of her and sheets trailing down her back.
Okay, so you get the picture, right? Even if I didn't.
Well, I'm determined to get at least one picture of her with the toilet paper hanging on her, so I go to take the picture (only to realize the lens cap is still on). Urrggg!
Finally, the camera is ready, and if I'm recalling correctly, I think I did manage to snap a few pictures before she disappeared again into her bedroom this time.
And then I hear something that sounds very much like a CD from her CD player being pulled out of the CD player. I thought, "I thought for sure that I took that CD out of the CD player this morning when she got up." So, off I go to find her to take away the CD from her before she scratches it up even more than she's already done. She started opening the lid to the CD player a few weeks ago, and she'd pull the CD out and bring it to me. As a result, now, whenever I get her up in the morning and after naps, I take the CD out of the CD player first thing.
Well, it turns out that this wasn't her Baby Einstein music CD at all. Instead, she had found a CD of digital pictures from her 1st birthday party in the office (while I was busy trying to capture a photo moment), and she, obviously, knew (or thought she knew) that the CD belonged in the CD player. It is unbelievable to me that she made that connection! I guess the time should come some day, right? But, she's still so young, and she's still my baby!
So, I take the picture CD away from her so she doesn't scratch it, and low and behold, she's off to the office again. She went right back to where she found the 1st picture CD, and she finds another one to test yet again. This time, the CD looked like an unused CD, so I left her alone, and instead, I followed her with the camera in hand. Once again, she took that CD to the CD player, put it in the CD player, and she closed the lid. And this time, I did snap a few pictures!
What is next? Calculus? Ha! Ha! I hope not because I'm not sure how much I can remember myself!
3 years ago
4 comments:
So you are hearing her say words! She is saying those sounds that she hears. That is the sounds that you made first. I remember you used to spell words in front of you and your brother such as C A K e or other desert names, but it seems you learned what that spelled too very shortly, so that was lost as a way of not letting you know what we were thinking of giving you! Sounds like we will have our hands full watching the Little Princess today!!
When yre you going to post some pics of Annabelle??!!??! I'm so eager to see your little angel!
To Annabelle's Mommy: This is Granddaddy Annabelle;s Granddaddy. I retrivied the picture you wanted to take the background out of, and worked on it and got it all out. Now I am trying to think of a way to get one of our email addresses to you so you can send yours to us, so we can send you the picture back. Merry Christmas! I am not a Google member so cannot post to your blog.
Post a Comment