Saturday, December 1, 2007

Daily Goals Summary

I think I am going to try something new here. I am a huge fan of lists, and unfortunately, I create these lists of "important" items, and I then find them on my list and not crossed through several months after the item was listed as a "to do."

And, just based on my profession, I am very deadline oriented! If I don't set a deadline, the project will rarely ever get completed no matter how "important" it was when it made the list.

Did I mention that I am quite the perfectionist as well? Or, at least I try to be a perfectionist. Again, another reason why nothing every seems to get done for me. I am too busy trying to make everything perfect.

And, I am quite the procrastinator. When I don't want to do something (whatever the reason), I will find anything else that seems more important at the moment just so I don't have to complete the task at hand.

So, you probably wonder how I ever got anything done at work when I was working full-time. Well, almost everything had a deadline...April 15th, August 15th and October 15th. There were many more deadlines (monthly), but these are the more obvious ones. And, I am quick to finish tasks at hand that are business related and not personal tasks. I have aways procrastinated in my personal life, but when it comes to business, I try to be on top of everything!

So, anyhow, I am going to try to post my daily goals for the next day every night. Since my to-do list is, obviously, ongoing, I am only going to post 2 goals for the day that I feel I should and can complete by the end of the day. I read somewhere that you should focus on only two items per day off of your to-do list, and then once these items are completed, if you have additional time to accomplish more tasks, you can start chipping away at other items.

Okay, all of that being said, I am going to post 2 goals per day with the blog title "Daily Goals." The label for these daily goals each day will be "Daily Goals" as well. However, once the items are completed, I will change the label to "Mission Accomplished," and I will edit the post to show the date of completion. This way, I can hold myself accountable somehow.

Daily goals for December 1st, 2007 to follow in another post.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Good Luck! :-)

That's a great idea to do that in your blog. I have a "household journal" that I have similar lists in, along with a weekly and monthly menu, new recipes, cleaning schedule (which household chores to do and when and this schedule, when followed correctly, will make housecleaning a snap!), etc. I was really good about following this journal faithfully for several months and then one day I simply forgot to write in it. And I have never remembered since. I need to get back into it because it really worked for me!