I think Annabelle may be ready for the "big girl bed." Although, her Mommy sure isn't ready for Annabelle to be ready for the big girl bed.
We spent the night with Grandmama and Granddaddy this evening since hubby is out of town, and I need to go to the office to work tomorrow.
When it was time for me to go through the normal ritual of singing lullabies and rocking her this evening, Annabelle decided she didn't want to have anything to do with my lullabies. Instead, she threw herself out of my arms straight onto the bed where we were already sitting. We were "rocking" sitting still.
She had determined that she did not need to rock or sing lullabies because she was all ready for bed since she was sleeping in the big girl bed tonight, or so she thought.
When she first got very sick with her bladder infection while at Grandmama and Granddaddy's house a few weeks ago, I allowed her to sleep in the big girl bed right next to me. So, she had apparently got it into her head that she would continue to sleep in the big girl bed.
Fortunately, I was able to quickly persuade her otherwise. Actually, there was no persuasion involved. I told her otherwise, and this time, she didn't pitch a fit. She cried the first night I told her she could not sleep in our bed at home (after she had been sick with this bladder infection and once she was feeling much better). I knew allowing her to sleep in the big beds originally was sure to cause a struggle later, but isn't that one of the only good things about being sick? You get to sleep in the bed with Mommy and Daddy!
I suspect we don't have much longer before she is too big for her crib and Pack-n-Play. She looks so big sleeping in there now. My tiny baby is gone forever. Although, she will always be my baby in my eyes! I still call her "baby" sometimes when I'm talking to her, and she refers to herself as "baby" when she points to pictures of herself. Maybe that could also have something to do with the somewhat difficult and long name we picked out for her before she was born that she just does not know how to say yet?
2 years ago
1 comment:
Big Girl bed with mama vs. big girl bed alone are two different stories. C was in a bed alone on vacation and it was awful. He loved coming home to his crib.
Post a Comment