Annabelle has this fish bowl full of soft, crinkly and squeaky toys that has been her very favorite since she was only 3 months old. Her Daddy actually picked it out for her for her very first Christmas even though I would have picked the harder Fisher Price fish bowl.
She loved that toy as a baby. But, we haven't pulled it out in months because it is a baby toy. I did put it away in the cabinet that her Daddy made her for Christmas 2007 though because I didn't want anything to happen to it in the shed.
Well, this evening, she wanted to get it down so she could play with it. So, we did. Well, she played with it a little while, and then she stopped playing, and her Daddy and her read a book together.
While they were reading the book, her Daddy pointed out the shapes in the book. When he got to the star shape, she stopped, and she immediately ran over to her fish bowl and grabbed the starfish.
Her memory is completely amazing to me! I am sure this is probably normal for most young children her age, but it still completely shocks me. This evening, I had not even mentioned to her that one of the soft toys in the fish bowl was a starfish, but she made the connection, even though she has not played with the fish bowl in months! And, I mean months! I probably put the fish bowl away on that shelf 7-8 months ago.
If only my memory were that good!
2 years ago
2 comments:
That's an awesome story! She is a smart little girl. These little ones may not say much, but I think they understand more than we think.
We love the fishbowl, too!
I love it when they get to this age and you can see the learning take place. She's a smartie for sure!
Post a Comment