
If it doesn't, then it was probably just the photographer's fault as the above consists of Cinnamon Graham Crackers covered with Cream Cheese and Strawberries for BREAKFAST!
Does it look or even sound good to you NOW?
Well, apparently, Annabelle was not all that interested (except for the first cracker). At least she did eat one cracker covered with cream cheese and strawberries. She did arrange them herself as a "butterfly" which I forgot to do, but I normally do with her sandwiches. My mom had always arranged our sandwiches as butterflies when my brother and I were younger.
I was excited about my creativity for breakfast. I read in a little book my mom bought for me shortly before or after Annabelle was born called "Feed Me I'm Yours" by Vicki Lansky. It is a great little book, and it provides creative suggestions for feeding your child. My creativity consisted of adding some strawberries to her original suggestion.
In her book, she recommends that parents not stick to the norm of only breakfast foods for breakfast. For example, if your child wants pizza for breakfast, feed him or her an English muffin covered with spaghetti sauce and cheese. As we've always heard, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Per Vicki Lansky, "People who skip breakfast are more likely to eat between meals and often consume more calories in a day than people who eat breakfast."
So, since my used to be breakfast eater is not interested in breakfast at all any more, I've decided to try and be more creative and change the breakfast meals up a bit.
But, apparently, it didn't work! I'm afraid she's now getting too much liquid during the day consisting of apple juice, water and chocolate milk. Yes, chocolate milk, because "I don't like big girl milk. It tastes sour!" according to Annabelle. I dilute the apple juice, usually 2 ounces for every 8 ounces, but she has been known to drink 3 sippee cups of diluted apple juice in the morning and then another 3 sippee cups full during naptime. That doesn't count the other 2 sippee cups full that she drinks the rest of the day. That is 64 ounces of liquid for a 2 year old! Is that normal?
So, my sweet, very loving two and a half year old is driving me to eat these.

But, as you can see, she's already gotten to them first!
I LOVE Cadbury Mini Eggs. If you've never had them, they are AWESOME! I believe they first came out during my freshman or sophomore year in college (1997-1998) because one of my good friends was sitting down eating a bag of these while she was studying. She shared some, and I have been addicted ever since. Thanks Sarah!
This year, they came out with a Christmas version which hubby proceeded to buy me a bag once they went on sale after Christmas. I had already looked for them earlier last week after Easter at Target, but I couldn't find any. Then, my sweet and thoughtful husband brought ME home a bag. He once again found them on sale.
Again, he brought them home for me, but Annabelle has decided that she likes them too. Hubby even told her that he'd buy her a bag next year since she told him, "Daddy, I like dese!" Of course, she doesn't understand "next year," and she's already told me that Daddy told her he'd buy her a bag.
It is so hard to teach sharing when you don't want to share yourself! But, you'll do anything for your sweet, loving daughter when she says, "May I peas have an orange egg?" Then, I promptly eat them and hide them during naptime!
3 comments:
I was so GLAD when C announced he didn't like mommy eggs.
She does drink a lot compared to my little camel.
If Annabelle doesn't want the graham cracker cheesecakes, I do! They look and sound delicious! :)
Oh, and so you know, my 28 month old drinks about the same amount of juice/milk/water. I now dilute juice in the same ratio as you and limit his milk intake to 12 to 18 ounces per day.
Post a Comment