Monday, June 15, 2009

I was missing you

"I was missing you."

Those sweet little words were spoken this evening when I arrived back from dinner with a friend at 9:30 p.m. and went in to check on my daughter who was calling, "I need to go tee tee in potty!"

I'm not sure if she really needed to go tee tee in the potty all that bad (even though she did). I think she either heard or felt my presence in the house. But, the extra time spent rocking and singing to Annabelle was well worth the way she completely melted my heart when she said, "I was missing you," as soon as she saw me.

I later learned that she told hubby as he started singing songs to her that, "I don't like you. I want Mommy." And, honestly, I somewhat feel bad for him because I know deep down it really does hurt his feelings. But, I only feel somewhat bad because I know my day will come when she no longer wants anything to do with me and her Daddy can do no wrong.

I did learn that hubby was trying to buy a little love this evening. He told me to just go, that he would take care of dinner. As I always do, I asked what Annabelle ate for dinner (because I wanted to know if she ate a good dinner like a good girl). His response: "Yes, she ate half a peanut butter sandwich and a hot dog." Nice! Very healthy, don't you think!

She had already tattled on her Daddy while I was rocking her, and she informed me that she had two cookies. He spilled the beans for me to learn that these cookies were before dinner! She's been having major separation anxiety when I leave her with her Daddy lately, and she cried when I left this evening. Bless her heart! She was crying for me as she waved goodbye as I drove away. It broke my heart! But, apparently, oatmeal spice cookies heal everything!

Dear Annabelle,

You better hope that I outlive your Daddy or you are going to have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, hot dogs and cookies every day for the rest of your life! I'm not sure that any fruits and vegetables would ever be in the mix.

Love always,

Mommy


Dear Hubby,

If something does ever happen to me, please, I beg you, either hire a nanny or marry someone who is at least as domesticated as me (and that isn't saying much)!

Love always,

Your Dearest Wife

4 comments:

Grandmomma said...

That was so sweet. She does know how to melt your heart or wrap her fingers around you. Poor Daddy, and no, you aren't going anywhere! That was not part of the deal. You are going to help him raise her until you get very, very old. I deserve that much out of you!

Loved your write up. She does miss you lately, I've noticed that, too. Guess that's just natural. Maybe that's why she doesn't like going out anywhere. She just wants you alone.

Granddaddy said...

Tell Andy just to wait, as times will change, and she will Love her Daddy more as she grows older!

Also she may even get to where she does not even want Mama to leave her at all, not even to see Grandmama and Granddaddy!

We still Love them even when they leave Home!! CRY CRY CRY, but we would really not have it any other way!

DADDY BELLE said...

Dearest Mommy,
You, sweetie, have your facts wrong. The "cookies" in question were in fact two tiny teddy gram crackers given to your daughter under the condition that she stopped crying. She paused from burying her head in the recliner, and kicking and screaming, to eat them. (she was still sucking on her lip though) And dinner, while not the best, made her happy and she did have two strawberries. (that she calls "chairs" once she takes a bite out of them)

So, BACKOFF!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

What a little stinker.....She sure does love her Mommy!!!If she only realized that she has her dear Daddy wrapped around her little finger and if she played her cards right she could have anything that she wanted from him....She is such a cutie..Annabelle I love you very much..and I had a great time at Stone Mountain with you.
Love, Nonnie