I can see that being a big girl is not on the top of Annabelle's list, or at least it wasn't tonight. She did not want to be a big girl this evening, and that was after I threatened her with, "if you aren't a big girl, Mommy will make you be a big girl, and you won't get a sticker if Mommy makes you be a big girl." And, she even okayed sleeping in her crib again if that meant not being a big girl. Of course, I realized that threat had backfired, so I told her she was going to do it and Mommy would check on her as usual.
She whimpered a bit and then requested some music. Thank goodness! We tried to get her to listen to music a week ago to drown out the other noises in the house, but she wasn't interested. But, tonight, it worked, and the Baby Einstein music is softly playing as I type.
After I started playing the CD, and in hopes of persuading Annabelle to listen to this music, the following conversation was held.
Mommy: You used to listen to this when you were a baby.
Oops! I realized instantly that was a bad comment since she's a big girl now and not a baby.
Mommy: Mommy likes to listen to this music too.
Annabelle: I listened to it when I was a baby?
Mommy: Yes, you did. It makes you smart.
Annabelle: Does Daddy listen to it too? Is that why Daddy is so smart?
Mommy: Yes, Daddy likes to listen to it too.
Do you want to know my thoughts at this point? They go a little like this. "What the heck? Is that why Daddy is so smart? What about Mommy? I just told you that Mommy likes to listen to it too."
What is it with little girls and their daddy?
2 years ago
2 comments:
Hilarious! We all know your the real brains in the family! Andy could never save money the way you do!!
I meant to say "you're"...obviously I do NOT have the brains in my family!
Post a Comment