Friday, April 16, 2010

Station of -1

That means absolutely nothing to most of you. I even learned this terminology myself for the first time with this pregnancy (and not with Annabelle).

But, basically, the station is where the baby is positioned in your pelvis. It goes from -3 to 3. The baby is at a station of -1 right now. Per the doctor, a station of 0 is active labor, and at a station of 3, the baby is crowning.

So, all that being said, the baby is really low (per the doctor), and she anticipates I'll go into labor on my own, without induction, some time this weekend. If not, I have an appointment scheduled for Monday, and she said at that time they will schedule an induction for Tuesday night (with her) for the baby to be delivered on Wednesday.

She said they don't usually like to go more than a week past the due date for the safety of the baby, but as long as an ultrasound (scheduled for tomorrow morning) checks out alright with the amniotic fluid levels, then I am alright to wait since I prefer the natural method.

She did understand that my first concern was for the baby, and she felt comfortable waiting as long as the ultrasound checks out alright tomorrow. If it doesn't, they will be inducing tomorrow night.

And, they ran a non-stress test today, and she was fine (finally, after the baby started moving) with those results. They did have us a bit concerned at first though.

And yet again, the contractions picked up this evening in regular 6 minute intervals. We even called my parents to the house as I thought for sure that this was the real thing. I guess not since it is now 12:26 a.m., and the contractions have pretty much stopped.

This child is a complete tease! It must be a boy, not in a rush to do anything.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Sounds like my little guy. You'll go into labor without an induction. I know you will :)

The red hair comes from the fiery tempers and fire that comes from them when they throw tantrums ;) We've had 4 already today and it's not even 11 am yet.

Hang in there and rest.