Monday, May 10, 2010

Meet Joey

I've changed my mind. I think Sophia is definitely colicky. This is the only way during the day to soothe this child. She will not stop crying! I'm not so sure she likes me too much. Or maybe she likes me a little too much. I think she would have stayed in my belly for another 3 months if she had been allowed. She is cursing that doctor (right along with me) for breaking my water without an explanation first.

So here is a picture of little Joey and her mama kangaroo because this is how we spend our days and nights until bedtime. She can literally be crying at the top of her lungs for an hour straight, but just as soon as I put her into the Baby Bjorn, she stops crying, instantly! Amazing!

3 comments:

Tracey said...

The look on your face is priceless. She'll outgrow it! Christopher did. Hang in there - this too shall pass. HUGS! Wish I lived closer and could help you out. Praying for you.

PS. Check out the Ergo - it's easier on the back and baby's legs.

Grandmomma said...

Only someone who has had a colicky baby can sympathize! It isn't anything you can take the blame for, it just happens. I so wish she would get straightened out for your sake and hers. I hate to think you and she will miss out on so much of the fun times these next few months. I just feel so sorry for her because you know she's hurting somewhere, some how. Keep holding her close and enjoy that much of her. Wish they had those things when my Child No. 1 was born. Life would have been a little easier.

It doesn't make it easier when you're trying to travel, either. It's hard knowing you can't comfort her then. At least 'back in the days' we didn't have to keep them in the carseat. Guess that wasn't too safe, huh, but at least we could take them out while we were riding and comfort them. Driving was somewhat different, though.

You're doing a great job. Just keep it up and don't second guess yourself.

Bebe Blogger said...

I second what Tracey said about the Ergo carrier. I have one that you and Sophia are welcome to "test drive". I don't have the newborn insert, though. If you plan on having 4 kiddos, though, you may want to invest in one. It's awesome. :) Chin up, girl. I can somewhat empathize with you because Audrey had to be "on" me all the time...standing up and moving. I couldn't even sit down with her most of the time without her fussing. It will get better! XO