Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sidewalk Chalk Creations

Annabelle, Sophia and I visited McDaniel's Farm Park in Duluth yesterday just to get outside and away from the house. My parents joined us for a picnic lunch, compliments of Wendy's (and my parents).

Annabelle didn't want to leave my parents' house to go to McDaniel's Farm Park, and after we were at the park, she didn't want to leave to go back to their house. She is always pretty content wherever she is, but that can often make for a struggle just to get out of the door.

While we were at McDaniel's Farm Park, we played with sidewalk chalk. I was very impressed with Annabelle's creations.

Someone had drawn arrows along the trail path leading to the picnic tables for a birthday party held for someone. Annabelle noticed these arrows as we walked to the picnic tables, and she decided that she wanted to draw arrows of her own pointing towards the picnic tables. These are the arrows she drew. Not bad for a 3 year old!


And this is Annabelle's picture of Sophia as I asked her to draw a picture of Sophia. This is the first stick figure I think I have actually seen her draw. Do you see the eyes, nose, mouth, ears, hair and tiny, tiny feet at the bottom of the stick?

And, she decided to drawn a sunshine of her own after she saw Grandmama draw one.


I was very impressed with Annabelle's sidewalk creations! Of course, I have no clue how this compares to other kids her age, but she made her mommy proud. But, I do think her Daddy needs to draw with her more if she has any hope for any artistic talent. Stick figures are an accomplishment for me!

2 comments:

Bebe Blogger said...

Look at that artist work her magic! Beautiful images.

Pigs said...

As the parents of a left-handed 3.5 year old boy, I will say that those are amazing and stupendous drawings! Tyler can draw a T. Sort of. And that's really about it. She is clearly gifted. :o)