Wednesday, December 15, 2010

And my heart melted

Sophia took off crawling for good on Monday as there is no stopping her now! She officially started crawling the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but she's been pretty lazy since that Saturday and until Monday would only scoot a few feet if she really wanted something. And, scoot is the key word as she learned to crawl up on her knees the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but she pretty much resorted to scooting until Monday.


Despite her new found independence though, she still needs her mommy! On Sunday, I left the room while we were eating dinner. Her eyes followed me as I left the room and she babbled "Ma-Ma." She had babbled "Ma-Ma" months ago although it completely had no meaning to her. And then she stopped babbling for awhile. But, she's really been babbling quite a bit lately. It has mostly been "Da-Da" with an occasional random "Ma-Ma" though.

Though I'm not certain yet she knows her Daddy is "Da-Da," I am fairly certain she meant to say "Ma-Ma" as I left the room on Sunday. Or perhaps it was just a coincidence.

But, my heart truly melted last night when this sweet girl who was oh so very sleepy started fussing and babbling "Ma-Ma, Ma-Ma, Ma-Ma" as she crawled her way across the room to find me. She still needs me, and I love it!

I don't remember Annabelle ever doing that, although I am sure she probably did. But, that Sophia of mine truly melted my heart last night! It is still smiling!

As I rocked a fussy Sophia to sleep last night, I smiled and wondered why my heart was so unsure of this child a year ago. And last night my heart actually ached at the thought that God could possibly make this our last child. Although there are many days that I feel I am not worthy to raise any of His children.

1 comment:

Bebe Blogger said...

Aw, this picture is too cute. She is a doll! Oh, all the exploring she'll be doing now. Go, Sophia, Go!
For the record, you are an awesome Mommy to two kids and you will be to three, four, five, six...however many the good Lord blesses you with. Don't doubt that for a minute.