Friday, December 17, 2010

If it was perfect

I wouldn't know what to do!

I am slowly trying really, really hard to let go of the need for everything in my life to be picture perfect. Because it hasn't been...in quite a long time...if ever! But definitely not since either one of my girls entered into my life.

I have always tried hard to succeed at everything I do, and not just succeed, but succeed with flying colors. And I have failed miserably. Because you cannot be good at everything. It just isn't possible. There are not enough hours in the day.

So, while looking through some pictures I took today, I decided to enjoy the less than perfect shot and see it for what it is. Just another typical day with loving sisters. These girls truly do love one another, but they often do not want to be bothered by the other.

And as I found this picture, I remember taking a family shot for a family at Wills Park in Alpharetta on the 4th of July this year. I took one picture with a digital camera. I then asked the grandmother if she would like for me to take another picture of all of them. She responded, "No, if it was perfect, we wouldn't know what to do." And for some reason I have not forgotten her response to me.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I have been revelling in the imperfections lately too! I have some pictures of Eli half fallen over in his christmas outfit - I decided they're better than the "good" ones! And congrats on having a crawler - way to go Sophia!!