I'm posting this entry almost two months later! It is amazing how much I forget if I don't post something immediately. And I even had plenty of pictures to help jog my memory!
Annabelle, you are a handful my dear! It was after today's lesson, Unit 1 - Day 4, that I posted an entry on the Heart of Dakota forum titled "Dawdling Child Drags out Lessons" to seek advice from more experienced homeschooling moms.
For today's lesson, we pulled out a blue and brown piece of construction paper. You wrote the number five on the blue piece of paper and the number six on the brown piece of paper. I called out names of land animals and water animals and you were instructed to hop, crawl, creep, swim, etc. across the blue paper for water animals and the brown paper for land animals. The numbers written on the papers represented the fifth (blue for the fish and birds) and sixth (brown for the land animals) days of God's creation.
Being the dawdling and creative child that you are, you promptly left the room when I called out "flamingo." And you came back dressed appropriately as a flamingo! It is no wonder it takes us 45 minutes to get through a typical 15 minute lesson on many days!
2 years ago

1 comment:
Though she may be a dawdler, Annabelle sure has one great (creative) mind. This post is so funny. How can you not smile while looking at Miss Flamingo?!
Post a Comment