Monday, December 10, 2007

7 Pc. Finger Sandwich Maker

Back in 2005, while my husband and I were taking our "trip of a lifetime" across the country, I purchased a "7 Pc. Finger Sandwich Maker" in Seattle, Washington. I actually purchased the set to use to make those cute little sandwiches at a wedding shower for a college friend of mine, but even though the shower was thrown, the "7 Pc. Finger Sandwich Maker" was never pulled out!

So, last week, probably Monday, December 3rd or Tuesday, December 4th, Annabelle ventured into the kitchen and pulled open her favorite kitchen drawer to ramble through. Out came the "7 Pc. Finger Sandwich Maker," and it was still in the box, as always! Notice the sandwich bag full of Sweetner on the floor (in the right hand corner of this next picture). Annabelle constantly pulls stuff out of my pantry! And, the Sweetner is pulled out on an everyday basis.


I thought, "Well, now is the time for me to get my $7.99 plus tax worth," so I went to the refrigerator and found a slice of Kraft American Cheese, and then I tore off a piece of wax paper and I asked Annabelle to come with me. We went to the living room and sat down on the floor, and I pulled out the pieces to the set, and we sat there and made heart and flowered shaped cheese slices. Annabelle loved it (as she got to eat the cheese slices after they were cut out).

So, we put it away for that day, and then again later in the week, probably Thursday, Annabelle opened the drawer again and pulled out the sandwich maker box and handed it to me. So, once again, we sliced some more cheese!


Well, on Saturday, December 8th, after we had finished putting the Christmas lights on our Christmas tree, Annabelle opened the drawer again to find the sandwich maker. But this time, she handed it to me, and she got upset when I wouldn't open it to cut out more cheese with her. Finally, I decided to have her Daddy grab the camera (since I cannot take pictures of us cutting out cheese by myself), and I asked her if she wanted to use the sandwich maker.

She walked right over to the refrigerator door, and she turned around and looked at me. She knew exactly what we needed to proceed. She wanted some cheese! So, we sat down and we cut out more cheese slices, and this time, we had her Daddy take pictures! Enjoy!

And, this last picture is probably my favorite! She LOVES her Teddy Bear that her Grandmama and Granddaddy gave her for her very 1st birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know pictures really help tell the story. Now you make me even more ready to start my own blog. She learns so fast, but a bad habit like eating cheese is hard to stop!!