Annabelle has officially designated me as "Keeper of the Paci." Well, I think I was actually designated with this title awhile ago. But, the point being that every time Annabelle goes down for a nap or "night night," and it is time for her to nurse, she will hand the paci to me to hold and protect. I think she feels that it is safe with me. She cannot fall asleep without the paci, so I am caretaker of the paci until she is finished eating.
Also, Annabelle only really needs her paci when she is tired and ready to go "night night" or "nap nap." But, when she first wakes up in the morning or when she first wakes up from her morning and afternoon naps, she'll continue to suck on the paci until she is herself again (since she's not much of a morning person and she's pretty grumpy after she wakes up from her naps too). If I hand apple juice to her or a snack to her, she'll hand the paci to me in return. It is really precious (especially to know that she trusts me so very much)!
So, typically, we are able to put our hands on at least one paci at all times, and we still have all three original paci's from the hospital (from over a year ago)! She will only take these particular type of paci's called Gumdrops. They are wonderful, and I've actually thought about giving them as baby shower gifts in the future as I don't think the hospitals typically hand these out around here unless your baby is in NICU. And, you cannot find these in the stores. I've been able to find where to order them online, but we have yet to order any yet. They come in scented pacifiers too, but I'm not sure that Annabelle's was every scented. I think she must have had the "natural" scent pacifier. And, it looks like now they come in pink and blue! Too cool! I will definitely order more for the next one!
The website is: http://www.gumdroppacifiers.com/
Yesterday, though, we almost had a paci go missing in action as Annabelle ventured into the office and laid her paci down on top of one of the Christmas storage boxes. However, it was out of view because she laid it down on the back of the box. Fortunately, I was right behind her, so I caught her in action, and the paci was recovered and strategically placed on top of the chiffarobe in her bedroom so we could find it when we needed it later for bedtime.
We typically store her paci on top of the chiffarobe in her bedroom. She now knows that though, so when she's ready for bed, she'll point to the top of the chiffarobe until she has it in hand. And, she gets pretty ornery if you don't hand her the paci right away.
2 years ago
2 comments:
She really does well without her Paci, and I remember when we weened you off you Paci, I told you the Garbage Truck got it. What a white lie, a no parent would ever lose a Paci, until they were sure it is not needed anymore. She will learn to talk better if you can keep it out of her mouth, as the will mumble her words with it in her mouth. It is late around here so good night to all
Always check underneath the back corner of her bed for any missing paci's during naptime. That's her favorite hiding spot from me. I think she knows how difficult it is for me to get down on hands and knees to fish it out! I'm her amusement for the moment. Keep blogging. I hate it when I check and there's nothing there. What do you do with your spare time, anyway? Can't you find time during her long naptime? Hey, but 34 minutes,and 28 1/8 seconds (but who is counting?) is longer than you guys gave me when you were little! It's just pay day for you. And could you write earlier in the day instead of waiting until after I go to bed?
Post a Comment