Annabelle's new favorite word of the week is "bebe" or baby. We've spent the past four nights with Annabelle's Grandmama and Granddaddy (so that Mommy could go to the office and get some tax returns finalized before the 4/15 deadline). Well, Grandmama bought Annabelle a "Baby Born" from Goodwill awhile ago, and she found another one at Goodwill this past weekend, so she bought it as well. So, now Annabelle has twin "bebes." All weekend, she'd go running over to the baby dolls and say "bebe." It was so sweet.
So, when we left Grandmama and Granddaddy's house this morning, Grandmama asked Annabelle if she would like to take home one of the babies to look after at her house. Well, Annabelle jumped at the chance, and she also jumped at the chance to grab the best looking of the two dolls. She wanted nothing to do with me trying to get her to take the other baby doll. The dolls look almost identical, but the first "Baby Born" purchased came with what looks like the original outfit and pacifier. The second "Baby Born" was missing the outfit and the pacifier, so we had to make do with some doll clothes that Grandmama had at her house from Annabelle's Mommy's dolls when she was a little girl.
So, we took the "bebe" home, and as suspected, Annabelle lost interest in the "Baby Born" as soon as we set foot in our house.
Until...I decided that I wanted to play "Ring Around the Rosie" with Annabelle. And, it was at that time that Annabelle grabbed "bebe" by the hands to play "Ring Around the Rosie" with her. I said, "Oh, you want to play Ring Around the Rosie" with the baby doll. Okay, you hold one hand, and I'll hold the other."
So, that didn't go over very well at all. Apparently, Annabelle did NOT want to play "Ring Around the Rosie" with Mommy and "bebe." Instead, she only wanted to play with "bebe." So, I sang the song, and Annabelle twirled in a circle holding "bebe's" hands. And, she played "Ring Around the Rosie" with "bebe" several times over.
3 years ago
3 comments:
I think she will soon begin saying all those many words that she understands! Even kids who talk early, do not know and understand the many things she understands. One day I told her to close the door, and she went over and closed the door. It was amazing how she decided that was the doll she wanted to carry home, and she seemed to understand that Grandmama said she could carry it home with her!!
I can't blame her for wanting to take that baby with her. Even though they both look pretty close to the same, the little denim dress on the one she chose as well as the pacifier was appealing to both of us. And she is just taking care of it for me, right? I need help with so many babies around the house.
Christopher and Annabelle would be a great match right now. Someone somewhere in our mess of activities taught him Ring Around the Rosies and he loves it. I always have Mrs. Meeks voice in my head talking about the plague and it's relationship to the song though....
Maybe in May we can get them together for a playdate.
Post a Comment