This evening, Annabelle pulled out a slinky she found in an end table in our living room. She loves to go through the end table drawer, and she loves the two slinkies I have in the drawer...a plastic, green one and a smaller, metal one.
She was standing on top of a Sterilite storage box at the dining room window (where she loves to look outside) holding the smaller, metal slinky. So, I decided to play a little game with her. I told her to hold one end of the slinky, and I walked away pulling the other end to stretch it out as far as it would go. Then, I told her to "wiggle it." And, she followed my lead and wiggled the slinky back and forth. Finally, I told her to let go of her end of the slinky.
She did, and she loved it! I immediately was blessed with sweet belly laughs from a precious little girl.
After she got so much amusement out of the first slinky, I pulled out the plastic, green slinky, and we "wiggled it" as well.
I just wish I had my video camera handy before the belly laughs subsided. I sure do love those sweet belly laughs!
3 years ago
1 comment:
I'm glad you're documenting the little things. Sometimes when you tell me things, I'm afraid I'll blog about something you should be writing about and then when you don't I forget neither of us covered it. We'll miss too much if we aren't careful. I feel so sorry for the next one. There will be no pictures, no writings, nothing for it.
I love those little belly laughs, too. She smiles a lot and she's happy, but those little belly laughs are worth waiting to hear.
Post a Comment