Monday, October 20, 2008

Big Girl Potty

Annabelle and I met Grandmama and Granddaddy around 12:00 p.m. today at Babies 'R' Us in Duluth for Annabelle to pick out a "big girl potty."

I told Annabelle on the drive up our plans to pick out a big girl potty. She seemed excited, and she knew that she was going to pick out a big girl potty. When Grandmama asked her what she was doing at Babies 'R' Us, she said, "big girl potty."

As we neared the section of Babies 'R' Us where the potties normally are stored, I said, "I don't see them. They must have moved them." Annabelle darted ahead of us, and she was the first to find a "big girl potty."

She apparently fell in love with the first potty she found. It looks like a frog, and it is the Fisher Price Precious Planet Froggy Friend Potty. She pulled it off the shelf, and she started walking away with it as if that was it.

In the mean time, we found the other potties. Grandmama and I spent time looking over the other potties while Annabelle tried out the Froggy Friend Potty in the middle of the aisle. They did have the Sesame Street potty that I had seen previously, and I liked, and once I showed it to Annabelle, and I asked her which potty she wanted, she said, "dat one" as she pointed to the Sesame Street potty. I think she liked that you could give Elmo a high five.

Well, it didn't take her long before she changed her tune, and she was interested again, without turning back, in the Fisher Price Froggy Friend Potty. In the mean time, she shopped for Gerber Toddler meals and juice boxes and potty liners. She pulled these items off of the shelf and placed them with her new found "big girl potty."

She also ran back over to the Fisher Price Froggy Friend Potties, and grabbed another one. She then told me, "two Mommy." I really think she knows how many potties actually make two. She wanted to take two potties home.

We finally left with the Fisher Price Precious Planet Froggy Friend Potty, and Annabelle carried it all the way from the back of the store to the front checkout counter to purchase it (with her Mommy's money).

Along the way, she found a jumper that looked like a horse, or "dorse" as she likes to call horses. She was intrigued by this horse, and she wanted to climb in the jumper, but we persuaded her to do otherwise. When we finally told her it was time to go after she had already walked away from the horse, she ran back over to the horse and gave him a hug and a kiss without us even telling her to do so. Of course, after she did it once, we encouraged her to continue with her hugs and kisses in hopes that we could snap a picture of her kissing the horse with Grandmama and Granddaddy's slower and cheaper camera. I haven't seen the pictures yet, so I don't know if I actually captured one that wasn't blurry.

Fortunately, Annabelle picked the cheaper potty. There was not a price listed where the potties where stored, so I had the cashier do a price check. It rang up as $14.99! Excellent! The cashier said that they had just gotten those in, so they are apparently a new product. I actually did not encourage the Sesame Street potty any more than the one time I showed it to her originally because I thought maybe the Fisher Price Froggy Friend Potty was the cheaper one, and she seemed to like it too. I think the Sesame Street potty was $24.99 plus.

I also purchased the Sesame Street Folding Potty Seat for $9.99 to use for potty training on the go in public restrooms. I'm not sure if this is really the best option, but it looks like it covers the entire toilet to keep her bottom from the nasty germs without me having to worry about placing toilet paper on the seat while she runs around the bathroom touching every germy object in sight.

No comments: