Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sophia's First Bath

Sophia had her first bath at home this evening. I know, I know, she's only 9 days old already, but how dirty do babies really get? Especially since she rarely spits up. I just jinxed myself!

She was not a big fan at all! But in all honesty, I don't think she much minded it until her big sister decided to wet her hair within the first minute of bath time. That is the one thing you learn with the first child, save the hair washing until last or they will holler and scream and shiver the entire time. Poor Sophia! I forgot to mention that minor detail to Annabelle.


And Sophia has a mean streak! Do you see that bump in the middle of her forehead? I don't think either of us had noticed it before, but I am sure we will see that in the many temper tantrum days ahead. Who on earth did she inherit that from?

Oddly enough, when I rolled Sophia on her side and tummy to wash her back, she calmed down and stopped crying. I still cannot figure that one out except that she likes to be on her tummy.


And here is the clean little booger, highlights and all! After washing her hair, I told hubby that I think her hair may actually be thicker than Annabelle's. She does seem to have some wave to it, but I cannot figure out if that is true wave or just a different texture from Annabelle's. Bring on the curls!

She'll thank me for this picture one day! Hee! Hee!

And, her big sister Annabelle had a blast helping bathe Sophia. This next picture is actually one of my favorites because it shows the sheer joy in Annabelle's eyes. Sheer joy that I had actually missed because I don't remember looking into Annabelle's eyes very much. I heard the joy, but I was so busy trying to make sure that Annabelle didn't bathe the inside of Sophia's eyes or dump water onto the floor with her wet washcloth that I failed to really look into Annabelle's eyes. But, as you can see, she was truly looking into mine. It is just a new lesson for me to try and watch the joy in both girls' eyes! Especially since the youngest wasn't feeling the same joy as the oldest.

5 comments:

Granddaddy said...

Now that she has her first bath, maybe she can have her first visit with us this week. She looks good in the pictures. I know that you are proud of her! We look forward to seeing all of you soon.

usafinks said...

sibling bonding is the absolute best! ...carefull, you might catch yourself tearing up watching them ;)

and yeah ...we called inta-mad at our house. I won't name names but the temper thing never went away. LOL

can't wait to see ya

Tracey said...

She's so precious. I love the pic of her on her side - fetal position :) Hope everything is going well.

Bebe Blogger said...

Great pics! Sophia is so cute, I could eat her up! I can see a lot of her Daddy in her...but this doesn't mean I want to eat him up...
Annabelle sure looks like she's enjoying being a big sis! What a nice helper!

Lara Neves said...

Oh I've been so bad with blogging lately...congratulations! She is so beautiful! I love her name, but I'm sure that doesn't surprise you. :)

You are going to love having two girls. So much fun!