Saturday, June 26, 2010

Lowe's Build and Grow Clinic - Monster Truck

Annabelle went to her first Lowe's Build and Grow today to build and paint a monster truck. They have a new project for the kids every other week. Hubby took her and I stayed home with Sophia. Unfortunately, the time passed very quickly, so Sophia and I only had about an hour together. And, most of that time she was sound asleep.


The first thing I noticed when Annabelle showed me her monster truck was how carefully it seemed she had painted the wheels. Hubby told me that she helped build it by hammering the nails in, and she painted it completely on her own. He also mentioned that a lady behind them said, "I am just enjoying watching her paint her monster truck," as Annabelle was painting one of those wheels pink. She was so meticulous with her painting. Hubby even mentioned that she was very careful with the paint brush, as she painted the wheels, making sure she only got that particular paint on the wheels.

I will post a picture of the monster truck she built and painted as soon as I can find it. Unfortunately, she covered the painted wheels that she had worked so hard on with the stickers that came with the kit. But, she applied all of the stickers all by herself, and she did an excellent job! So much that I suspect she will take hubby's place in a few years as the applier of the stickers to all of the toys. He is meticulous himself, but she's gaining on him quickly, and she's only three years old!

I suspect the Lowe's Build and Grow will be their new Saturday outings! And, when Sophia gets old enough, I am sure she is going to want to join in on the fun too. See, who needs a stinkin' boy? Girls can do anything boys can do, except better!

And, they even gave Annabelle the apron you see in the picture along with a badge with a picture of a monster truck that she can sew on her apron to show that she completed that particular project. Hubby told me he'd sew on the first one to "teach" me how to sew. I don't sew, but if I did, I could definitely do it better!

And the best part, it was all free! I think hubby was a bit jealous that he didn't get to build and paint his own monster truck.

2 comments:

Grandmomma said...

First thing I noticed was they provided her favorite color, purple. And she didn't appear to get a drop of anything on her. How neat is she? She did a very nice job on her monster truck.

I understand the time passing so fast. Today Daddy went to his two-hour class. After talking with Auntie Mary for almost an hour and sleeping for another one, I had no time left to myself. He even sneaked back in while I was still asleep.

I sure missed that fun two-hours I had planned! Maybe I can find something else to enroll him in.

Bebe Blogger said...

What a fun activity! That will be fun to do with Audrey next year. Do they have these clinics annually? Is it a summer thing?