Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Time Out

"I love this time out!" Annabelle said just a few minutes ago as she bounced on the bed on her bottom.

Any ideas for disciplining this child? If I only drank alcohol a little more often than every 3.5 years! Then perhaps I'd have a glass of wine every night with dinner, especially when hubby is out of town.

She has now been threatened with no books if she doesn't heed my direction this next time around. She has been told to look me in the eyes when I am talking to her.

Do I sound too harsh? If so, don't let her fool you. She's pretty smart and manipulative. She knows how to look me in the eyes for an extended period of time, when she wants to.

And for the record, she did finally look me in the eyes after that time out.

2 comments:

Bebe Blogger said...

Not too harsh at all. I tell that to A all the time, but doesn't necessarily seems to work...

Sugar and Spice said...

Funny! When Aidan was 3, he used to put himself in time-out when he was being bad. In fact, he'll still run to his room and sit down if he knows he's in trouble!