Thursday, October 23, 2008

Potty Training 102

Annabelle is so very independent. Maybe that is normal for a two year old? But, this seems to the extreme to me.

So, we've been working on the potty training since Wednesday afternoon, and so far, she is doing great! Of course, we haven't left the house, so only a trip to the grocery store with a two year old in panties (versus a diaper) will tell the true story.

But, Annabelle has been using her "big girl potty," and she really seems to like it. Only tonight did she decide that she also needed to try and tee tee on the big potty as well as the "big girl potty." I was afraid that this was going to be a problem, but I am surprised that she has not requested to do so sooner since she was ready to potty train using the big potty long before I ever bought the "big girl potty." Maybe I should have never introduced the "big girl potty," but I thought it would make things more fun.

So, as most of you know, the "big girl potty" comes with a pot to be emptied. Annabelle insists every time after she has tee teed in the pot that "NO! ME!" must empty the pot herself into the toilet, and she also insists that she must rinse the pot out in the sink herself.

Well, yesterday, she was taking too long rinsing the pot, and she was wasting way too much water, so I took the pot away from her and placed it back into the "big girl potty" myself. "NO! ME!" she said. She stepped down off of her stool, grabbed the pot out of the "big girl potty" where I had placed it, and then stepped back onto the stool where she only stepped right back down onto the floor to put the pot back into the "big girl potty" where she had gotten it.

Oddly enough, I had taken the pot away from her while she was standing on the stool with the pot in hand (out of the sink) ready to step down to place it into the "big girl potty." She had just taken too long rinsing it, and I was already annoyed with the time it took to rinse the pot. She was determined to not skip a beat, and this is exactly why she stepped right back onto the stool where I had taken the pot away from her originally.

She wanted to replay every single move herself! Can anyone say independent? I think I may have a Chief on my hands. What do you think? I'm also afraid that we are going to very badly butt heads in 10 years or so (if not sooner)! One stubborn, independent woman in the house is enough, don't you think?!?!

1 comment:

DADDY BELLE said...

"One stubborn, independent woman in the house is enough, don't you think?!?! " - AMEN!!!