Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day Trip to Stone Mountain

We took a day trip to Stone Mountain today since we have an annual pass, and we must get our money's worth! I am still trying to figure out why normal people visit Stone Mountain in the heat of July in hot lanta. It was packed, and we were lucky to find a place to park right next to the bridge. We had already promised Annabelle that we would feed the geese.

We took a hike through the woods first, and we showed Annabelle where she had climbed on the tree stumps left sitting in the woods as stools when she was much younger. She said, "I did?!?!" Then, "I want to do dat again!" However, she was more interested in climbing on the rocks (Picture 1).

It wasn't long before she was too tired to walk, and she asked her Daddy if she could ride on his shoulders. They reached out for each other (Picture 2). Then, she spotted a hole near the bottom of a tree. She told her Daddy, "Dat is where Pooh bear keeps his honey." In Picture 3, she is explaining to her Daddy where Pooh bear keeps his honey.

We came to a trail end and realized we had to turn around. Annabelle became a little worried. She said, "Oh no!" She was honestly a little frightened because she thought we had become lost in the woods. When she spotted the parking lot ahead, she told her Daddy, "I can walk now. It isn't too far."

She enjoyed feeding the ducks, and the geese were non-existent today. Thank goodness! Those geese are obnoxious. They never give the ducks a chance. My favorite picture of the day is the center picture. Hubby is handing Annabelle some bread to feed the ducks. Unfortunately, the template I created does not allow the full picture to show, so it doesn't look the best on this template. So, here is the full shot! Isn't this sweet?

She is still working on her throw. She's got a ways to go! Picture 8 explains it all! Since the bread she threw didn't quite make it to the ducks, I taught her to pick up the scraps to throw it again since we had run out of bread.

And, at the very end, she ventured to the water's edge because two little girls (without bread) scared the geese away and played in the water. I told her to be careful to not get her shoes wet, and she then told me that she wanted to take her shoes off and play in the water. It was about time to go, so I convinced her otherwise. I told her that she wouldn't like it without shoes because it was like stepping in the sand at the beach. It wasn't just an excuse because I know she wouldn't have liked it without her Crocs on. I did fail to tell her that her Crocs were in the car. Maybe next time!

1 comment:

Grandmomma said...

Cute pictures and I like the bottom flourish. Looks like feathers. I know you guys had lots of fun.