Saturday, July 11, 2009

Peachtree Road Race 2009

The 4th of July has become yet another holiday for a traditional picture. But, since Annabelle came into our lives, I think every holiday has its own traditional photo shoot.

On July 4th, 2008, hubby ran the Peachtree Road Race for the first time ever. It is a 10K, and I believe he was inspired to run it because his father had once run it. He ran it again this year, and yet again, he completed the 10K successfully! I am so proud of him! I don't think I could ever do it (even though I threatened to run it with him in 2009).

Well, since he leaves for the Peachtree Road Race before my eyes are ready for the daylight, we have to save any pictures for after the race. (I know, lovely for him, right? But, he still looks handsome in the pictures). And, I have the cutest picture from July 4th, 2008 with Annabelle sitting in hubby's lap looking at him as if she is so proud of her Daddy that the tradition MUST go on! Unfortunately, she was not as cooperative as she was in 2008, so I was lucky to get this picture. She was just not interested in sitting in her Daddy's lap and instead wanted to run around the yard as fast as her little two year old legs would carry her.

So, here is my favorite of the July 4th traditional picture (using more Photoshop editing techniques).


And, here is the original (as I know some people don't like the old antiqued look).


Congratulations hubby on a job well done! I am so very proud of you! I hope you'll be able to run it for the next 40 years (since this was the Peachtree Road Race's 40th anniversary)!

Interesting facts: Hubby finished the Peachtree Road Race 2009 in 1:16:09 compared to 1:23:54 in 2008. And, he ran the race in his father's memory in 2008 and 2009. He altered his running number with the following: "FOR CLK." CLK is his father's initials.

No comments: