Monday, February 1, 2010

Anticipating the Big Girl Prize

Last week we started a Big Girl Chart for Annabelle to earn stickers to place on if she is a "big girl" and goes to sleep on her own without Mommy in the room.

We went to the Dollar Tree, and she picked out a sheet of dolphin stickers, and I purchased a chart for her to place her stickers on as she earned them. I also let her choose some special stickers to place on the chart once she earns her five stickers so she knows it is time to shop the Dollar Tree for her prize. I just couldn't pass those stickers up because they were so cute. She was so excited, and she had already earned her sticker for that first night that I blogged on already.

She has to earn five stickers to get a prize. So far, as of this evening, she has only earned three. But, three is better than none!

So, shortly after our visit to the Dollar Tree last Wednesday, she was already deciding on her prize.

With a high and excited voice she told me, "I want a brown, purple, pink, green and boo [blue] bow! Do you tank day have dat Mommy? And I want a puppy dog coloring book dat's pink with crayons."

She had actually seen the puppy dog coloring book at the Dollar Tree, but she fantasized for the colorful bow using her own imagination.

It is the little things! I wish a brown, purple, pink, green and blue bow brought that much excitement to me. Fortunately, I get to share in her excitement. Through the eyes of a child, right?

1 comment:

Jodi said...

That'S a really good idea! I should try that one! :-)