Sunday, February 7, 2010

My Mommy?

I have to blog about something sweet and funny because this child of mine is slowly driving me bonkers. I'm afraid I've messed up big time because she seems to rule this roost lately! Perhaps my lack of patience doesn't help, and I am blaming that one on the pregnancy. I hope my patience will magically reappear again once Beebo makes his or her entrance into this world.

But, have I mentioned that I am now praying Beebo will be a boy? Yes, a boy, because I don't think I can take any more sass and attitude from another girl! Not to mention, don't boys eventually talk less? And the drama! My goodness, the drama! So, there you have it, I now officially want a boy! At least after today I do. We can talk again tomorrow.

So, back to my blog title, "My Mommy?"

I have certain songs that I sing to Annabelle every evening. I have been singing the same songs for a very, very long time, but "Hush Little Baby" has always been on the list.

Lately, when I sing this song and sing, "Mama's going to buy you a billy goat," Annabelle will interrupt my singing and say, "My Mommy? My Mommy's going to buy me a billy goat?"

And, then, "My Daddy? My Daddy's going to buy me a cart and mule?"

Of course, then I spend time explaining to Annabelle that Mommy and Daddy aren't really going to buy her those things. But, she'll continue to ask me on random nights. Pretty cute if you ask me.

2 comments:

Bebe Blogger said...

Yes, super cute, indeed! I can't wait for Audrey to start asking me questions like that! You know, if you have another girl, chances are she and Annabelle will be complete opposites anyway so I wouldn't worry about it. I swear, every 'back-to-back' set of sisters I know are so different from one another. My sister and I are a good example, as well as hubby's two sisters. I think you're going to have a boy, though... :)

Tracey said...

Boys still talk and drive you crazy. Motormouth is in full swing tonight and I'm counting the moments till bed time, but since he had a 3 hr nap who knows when that'll be. Like my friend says - it's not the sex that determines the talking gene -just the personality :) Hugs!