Apparently, these two sayings have the same meaning for Annabelle. She apparently only understands the word she wants to at the time.
Last night (Friday night), after Annabelle's Daddy had gotten home for the evening (and week), I mentioned to him something about Annabelle and her need to "Go Potty."
After these words were spoken, Annabelle walked over to me (where I was lying on the couch) and grabbed my hand and started pulling on it for me to follow her. Since I wasn't feeling well, I tried to stall and distract her, but that didn't work, so I was forced to remove myself from the couch and follow her lead. Her Daddy said, "It looks like she wants you to go outside." I said, "No, she doesn't ever grab my hand to lead me outside."
Well, I was wrong. That little girl heard the words "Go" and she was ready to "Go" somewhere. If you ask me, she has a good bit of her MamaGordon in her! My MamaGordon was always ready to "Go" anywhere we would take her.
It was getting cold, and frankly, I just wasn't in the mood for going outside since I wasn't feeling all that well. But, I remembered that just earlier in the day I had told Annabelle that "maybe your Daddy will take you outside to play on the slide when he gets home." Who knows if she actually remembers me telling her that, but she definitely refreshed my memory when she pulled me towards the front door. So, I felt pretty guilty, and I told my husband of the promise I had partially made (on his behalf).
My husband said that he would take her out for just a little while so she could see that it was dark and cold outside. So, we bundled her up in her coat, and we put her shoes on her feet, and she went outside with her Daddy to play for a little while. Apparently, according to her Daddy, she walked to the slide and she slid down the slide once, and then she was ready to go back inside the house as she walked right back towards the stairs and house dragging her Daddy in tow by his hand. I guess that was all she needed.
I am picturing her now pulling him behind her to go back inside. How sweet is that?
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment