Just last week, Annabelle's paci had fallen under her crib during the night, so when I went to get her up, she was looking for it. She knew it was not in the crib with her though. It is very common that the paci will tumble onto the floor during the evening. Or, more accurately, Annabelle probably throws the paci on the floor in the morning when she wakes up so that her Mommy will come rescue her from "baby jail." Because, Annabelle will cry in the morning if she doesn't have her paci.
So, I bent down and peaked under the crib, and sure enough, there it was. So, I pulled out a swiffer broom I keep in her bedroom closet for this exact purpose (to retrieve the paci).
As soon as I pulled the paci out from under the crib, I took it and started walking towards the bathroom with a toddler at my feet the entire time fussing the entire way. I told her, "The paci is dirty sweetheart. Mommy needs to wash the paci first." With all of the dust and cat hair making a home under her crib, I always wash the paci after it falls under the crib.
So, I washed it. I gave it back to her, and she was happy again.
Well, interestingly enough, since then, she will randomly take her paci into the bathroom and drop it into the bathroom sink for me to wash her paci. And, it isn't after it has fallen under the crib in the morning. She could care less after it falls under the crib. I guess she likes the taste of dust and cat hair.
So, today, she found her paci mid-morning, and she took it into the bathroom and dropped it into the sink for me to wash it again for her. It really wasn't any more dirty than normal! It had not fallen under the crib. I ignored the situation, and she quickly forgot that she had even dropped it into the sink.
So, now I am "Keeper of the Paci" and "Washer of the Paci." Don't you all wish you could bear that title as well?
2 years ago
1 comment:
You know, if you used that Swiffer thingy while you are pulling out that paci, you might not have those dust bunnies and cat hair under her bed. Wouldn't need to wash that paci so much.
Post a Comment