This evening while I was getting Annabelle dressed for bed, she picked up one of her old, used band aids from the pediatrician's office. Yes, I know, oooohhh gross! I should have thrown it away a long time ago, but I think I saved it for the interim so that I could scan it for that digital scrapbooking page I am planning to do one day.
So, anyhow, she picks up the band aid right after I had changed her diaper but before I had her changed into her pajamas. Immediately, she takes that band aid, and she tries to apply it back on to her little leg, in almost the exact same spot as it had been after her last visit to see the pediatrician.
Interesting enough, the pediatrician told me at her 15 month old checkup that 15 month olds can remember visiting the doctor (just from their last 12 month old checkup). I was reluctant to believe him because Annabelle seemed to have no fear or worries while we were sitting in the office waiting to be called back to see him, and she was perfectly content sitting in the doctor's office too (after we had been called back).
Based on this little episode with the Tasmanian Devil Band Aid, I think we may have a meltdown the next time we go to the pediatrician for her 18 month old checkup.
3 comments:
Little ones are just like adults. You always remember the places that give you pain! Doctors offices, dentist offices, and other things they pick up on every day. When I went to the hall and it was a little dark, I reached behind the door where the light switch is and turned the light on, and the very next time she and I went into the hall, she pointed behind the door, as she knew that was where I put my hand to turn on the light. She understood that was the next step when you go into the dark hallway.
But, she may also remember that it was interesting, or that the doctor was nice.
I am curious to see what Sophie will do next time...I think it's next week, because she was so mortally offended at her last shots. Couldn't believe anyone would think of doing that to her. :)
She didn't get any shots at 12 months because she was sick, so I don't think she remembered at that point.
Know that you aren't alone.....I've saved the Peanuts band-aids from my Annabelle's shots too! :-)
Post a Comment