Does anyone else still watch Desperate Housewives? I have been addicted to this show since we lived in Knoxville, TN back in 2004. I actually got to a point where I was getting tired of it because as my husband always says, "It is very predictable," but they've gotten me hooked again, and the 2 hour finale for this season was not predictable at all for me this time around.
So, it wasn't predictable, but it was very disturbing. I am still bothered very much by the ending, and I don't think I am going to get very much sleep tonight.
If you watched it, you already know that Katherine's biological daughter died when a large dresser fell on top of her. My heart just ached when I saw that scene, and we're talking about television! Katherine's husband at the time (ex-husband on the show) had brought by a baby doll for their daughter, and their daughter apparently loved the baby doll. Katherine basically said that she wanted nothing to do with him or his gifts, so she took the baby doll away from the little girl while the little girl was sleeping. She placed the baby doll on top of the dresser. And, apparently, while she was downstairs fighting with this abusive ex-husband, the dresser fell on their daughter, and she didn't know it until the great aunt (an older relative) found the little girl buried under the dresser with a stone cold arm.
This is so disturbing to me because I can totally picture Annabelle climbing to reach that baby doll that she loves so much (or teddy bear in Annabelle's case) only to have the furniture come crashing down. Children are so innocent, and they don't see the danger in ANYTHING!
It breaks my heart to even think I could lose my daughter to something so careless and stupid, yet accidental. I just hope that this episode saves some little child's life to remind parents to watch their children very closely and to also remind parents to fasten heavy furniture to the wall.
Oddly enough, if I had watched this episode 20 months ago (well, maybe 32 months ago), I wouldn't have thought another thing of it. It would have been just another episode.
Children change your every thought!
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment