Oops...I probably shouldn't have let Annabelle fall asleep while nursing today at naptime. However, she was exhausted, and she fell asleep right away. I would have had a very hard time keeping her awake.
I started the naptime process at 1:00 p.m., and she probably fell asleep right around 1:15 p.m. (in my arms). So, I decided to lay her down while she was still sleeping and walk out of the room. I got my own little nap in while I held her and rocked her from 1:15 p.m. to 1:35 p.m. I rock myself too sleep way too well!
Well, laying her down didn't work! She woke up as soon as I laid her down, and she started crying. I kissed her, and I told her I loved her, and I left the room. That was at 1:35 p.m. She didn't cry for very long at all...maybe 2 minutes.
However, I have been checking on her periodically since then, and when I just checked in on her at 2:25 p.m., she was still awake, standing up in her crib at the railings, rocking back and forth to the music, sucking on her pacifier.
She fussed a little about 10 or 15 minutes ago (around 2:10 p.m.), but I didn't go and check on her then. So, since I hadn't heard any more crying, I thought she'd probably be asleep. I apparenty guessed wrong!
I watched her through the crack in the door. Shortly after I left her originally (10-20 minutes later), I watched her sway back and forth to her Fisher Price Aquarium, and she looked like she was playing with her Teddy Bear's fur. I wish I could get a better look at what she was doing because she looked oh so precious!
I may be dealing with a fussy baby this afternoon and evening as it doesn't look like Annabelle is going to take another nap...apparently, the 20 minute nap in my arms was enough for her. Well, at least she isn't screaming!
And, again, she is fussing at 2:36 p.m. It may be a long day and night!
By the way, as for last night, Annabelle didn't cry again after the first few minutes, and she slept until 7:55 a.m. this morning! Unbelievable! Maybe she got too much sleep last night and maybe that is why she doesn't want to nap.
I have a feeling that tonight may be a tough and very long night!
Annabelle never fell asleep again for her nap. She fussed for awhile. I struggle with whether I should go and get her when she fusses for so long or let her stay in her room because it is naptime. Once I figure this whole sleeping thing out (and, I know, it is sure to change in a few months), I'll probably only make her stay in there for her typical nap time. I just don't see the reason to let a child play in their crib by themselves just to get my "Mommy Time." Of course, I have vowed to "never say never" after Annabelle was born.
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment