I spent Tuesday cleaning house because the clutter was driving me nuts yet again. While Annabelle napped, I started going through her basket and shopping cart of toys to find the ones I could box away out in the shed until the next little one comes along.
While sorting, I came across the Pooh Bear and Piglet figurines that Annabelle received from her Nonnie for her very first Christmas. Apparently, according to Nonnie, these figurines which are not much bigger than Little People (maybe twice the size) were purchased from a dollar store. They were a hit with Annabelle as soon as I opened them for her. I do not remember when I opened them, but I know she adored them when we were in St. Simon's last year (in July). They have a powder smell to them, so they smell very much like a baby (or baby powder for that matter). So, I don't know if the smell attracted her to them or if it was the size. Babies love to hold small figurines for some reason. Well, at least Annabelle did and does.
Well, I could not part with the Pooh Bear and Piglet, so I placed them in a bag with other toys to be stored in Annabelle's room. I just could not bear to store them in the shed. Just so you know, I have become quite attached to Pooh Bear and Piglet as well since Annabelle adored them so. There have been several instances that I thought we would see no more of Pooh Bear and/or Piglet such as when we thought Annabelle's cousin, Molly, had misplaced Piglet at the beach in August 2007 and other random times when we thought Pooh Bear and/or Piglet had fallen from the 4Runner, etc., etc.
Anyhow, I put everything in this bag so I could just carry it into Annabelle's room when she woke up from her nap and then put everything away while I was already in her room.
So, after Annabelle's nap, I started sorting through the bag while in her room, and I pulled out the beloved Pooh Bear and Piglet. I bent down and I showed them to Annabelle and I said, "Do you remember Pooh Bear and Piglet?" She just grinned ear to ear, and she really acted like she remembered them. She took them out of my hands instantly. She hasn't seem them in months (probably 6 months or so)!
Just a few short seconds later, she grabbed both Pooh Bear and Piglet and she headed out of her room as if she were on a mission. I sort of groaned and said, "Annabelle." I had good intentions of putting those toys away in her bright pink keepsake box stored on top of her chiffarobe (however you spell that word)! Now I was sure they would become lost again.
I continued sorting through the bag for another minute or so or less, but then I decided I better go and check on Annabelle. I went into the living room only to find my sweet, beautiful, great memory of a daughter standing at the blue recliner with Pooh Bear and Piglet in hand as well as a little photo album of pictures of Annabelle herself (given to me this past Christmas from Annabelle's Nonnie).
Would you believe that Annabelle had pulled this little photo album off of the entertainment center shelf and then opened it to the picture of her with her 1st birthday cake? And, what do you think was on her 1st birthday cake? You guessed it! The beloved Pooh Bear and Piglet!!! Amazing, simply amazing!
I couldn't help but show my excitement, so I praised her for her good memory, and I bent down and gave her a big hug.
I don't know if she actually remembers her 1st birthday, but she definitely remembered seeing that picture of Pooh Bear and Piglet in that little photo album. She loves to look at pictures of herself!
Now, that is enjoying the moment!!!
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment