Then, as I was pouring everything into the crockpot for the soup around 10:30 a.m., I doubled the amount of chicken stock, and I didn't realize it until everything had been poured into the soup. That was a big bummer, and I just knew the day had been ruined. I had planned for us to have Salsa Chicken and Black Bean Soup for dinner while we were in the process of decorating the Christmas tree.
So, we finally headed over to the Home Depot near Perimeter Mall, and we arrived closer to 12:00 p.m. only to find a long line, and a slim picking of trees. Just another bummer for the day!
But, as we were picking out our tree, a small Home Depot truck pulled up full of Christmas trees. And, the trees on the truck were the trees we were sorting through. Yippee! That definitely put me in a better mood. Hubby said, "They are 6-7 feet though. Don't we normally get a taller tree?" I looked at the price tag on the 6-7 feet trees and said, "Nope. We always spend the $29.88 for our Christmas tree, so that is the right size." Of course, the price of Christmas trees could have gone up since last year, but I wasn't willing to spend more than the $29.88 plus tax for a Christmas tree that only lasts a few weeks.
Annabelle was all excited to pick out our Christmas tree until we walked back into the fenced area with the Christmas trees. Then she said, "Bis mas bee hurts me."
Translation: Christmas tree hurts me.
So, the below picture caught the moment perfectly. She wanted nothing to do with the Christmas trees at first. She would not let go of my leg, and at first, she did not want to even touch any of the Christmas trees. Just look at her face in this picture. She was not going to take her eye off of that Christmas tree that "hurts me."

Here is hubby holding the "perfect" tree wearing the same gloves that he uses every year when we go tree hunting at Home Depot. We have picked out our Christmas tree from Home Depot every year since we got married. I NEVER had a real Christmas tree growing up, so I have been adamant about always getting a real tree. I think my last Christmas at home my parents and I attempted to find a real Christmas tree from Home Depot, but it was very late in the game, just a few days before Christmas, and it had been raining, so there were very few Christmas trees left, and the ones left were soaked. However, next year, we may start the tradition of cutting down our own Christmas tree!
And here she is again, not letting go of her Mommy's leg, even for the picture. Honestly, she is holding my leg in that picture, and somehow, I managed to take her picture with the Christmas tree in the background.
Okay, so Christmas trees aren't so scary.
We figured that the sound of the chain saw was actually scaring her, but she warmed up to the Christmas trees after awhile, but yet, not as much as she did last year. Last year, she was running, or should I say toddling, all over the place among the Christmas trees.It didn't take us long to decide on the "perfect" Christmas tree. It was actually the first Christmas tree that hubby cut open. And, it was one of the newer Christmas trees, which by the way, was cut on Tuesday, so it was fresh, and the needles weren't falling off all over the place.
Hubby said, "I think this is the shortest Christmas tree we have ever had." I don't agree with him of course. I'll have to pull some pictures out from last year to prove him wrong. Of course, knowing him, he'll still think it is shorter, even if I have pictures to prove otherwise.
And, at last, here is Annabelle standing in hubby's truck, actually excited about the Christmas tree again.

No comments:
Post a Comment