Thursday, December 11, 2008

Kissee, Kissee!

How do little girls learn so fast that princesses must kiss boys? None of the other toys kiss, so why the princesses?


While decorating the Christmas tree this evening, Annabelle found a Hallmark box with a "pincess" ornament in it. She ran over to me, and said, "Pincess Mommy, Pincess!" I opened the box for her, and I told her that her Granny (hubby's Grandmother) bought her this Cinderella ornament last year for Christmas 2007. Fortunately, I was good last year and the year before about including the gift tag in the box so she will always remember where her soon-to-be broken ornaments came from.

Well, this ornament also became a toy, along with the Charlie Brown and Pooh Bear/Piglet ornaments.

She had not been playing with it very long before I realized that Cinderella was kissing everyone! Charlie Brown, Linus, Snoopy, Pooh Bear, Piglet and Lucy! Hopefully the Lucy thing will be a short phase.

So, guess who once again grabbed the camera! I actually managed to get a few good shots with her lips pursed for a good kiss.


I had to laugh as I remember playing Barbie's with my good friend and next door neighbor growing up. She had a Barbie dollhouse, which I loved. And, Barbie and Ken were always smooching! Well, they did more than smooching, but I didn't realize what they were actually doing at the time. I just thought that the bodies should always twist and turn when they kissed. Where on earth did I learn for Barbie and Ken to smooch that way?

Hubby said, "Wow! Cinderella gets around!" after he saw that she had kissed everyone including Lucy.

Oh my, I fear my life with this child in 10 short years!

No comments: