Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Uh oh, Uh oh

I don't remember when exactly the "Uh oh" started, but I absolutely adore it! It is the most precious sound (most of the time), and she uses it correctly! I think (if memory serves me correctly) that it started while Grandmama and Granddaddy were in New York (some time between April 18th and April 26th).

When I go and get Annabelle up in the morning, she normally has dropped at least one paci onto the floor. Her first words are almost always "Uh oh, Uh oh" as she points to the dropped paci laying on the floor. She will continue with the "Uh oh" until I do finally pick it up. Again, absolutely precious!

So, this past weekend, we visited with Nonnie at her house. And, Nonnie decided to dress Teddy Bear in Annabelle's pajama top. Cute, right? Well, it was! Thanks Nonnie! :) Ever since Teddy started wearing Annabelle's jammies, the pajama top must stay on Teddy (according to Annabelle). And, if the top falls off or if Teddy's arms aren't pushed properly through the arm holes, then we must address the problem immediately. On Monday night, Teddy even had to wear the pajama bottoms to match the pajama top, and Annabelle would have nothing to do with putting her own pajamas on until Teddy was dressed accordingly. I mean, seriously, she was in temper tantrum mode over it!

Have I mentioned that Teddy is now and always has been a boy? We've always referred to Teddy as a "he." And, now he's wearing Annabelle's lime green pajama top with a cute little pink pig on the front and with ruffles (sort of) around the collar and waist?

So, since house cleaning day was on Tuesday, clothes washing day was changed to Wednesday, Thursday and Friday! My, oh my! The Annabelle clothes were stacked very high.

While Annabelle was in another room doing something, I quickly pulled Teddy's pajama top off of him and ran it into the kitchen with all of the other Annabelle clothes to be sorted and treated. I figured she would not notice since she didn't see me remove the shirt. Boy was I wrong!

I was in Annabelle's bedroom, and the next thing I hear is "Uh oh, Uh oh, Uh oh!" and then pitter patter, pitter patter. Here comes Annabelle with the pajama top in hand running as fast as her little feet will take her! And, the oddest thing to me is that I had also placed Annabelle's pajama top (almost the same color green) that she wore last night right next to Teddy's pajama top. Would you believe that she actually brought me Teddy's pajama top and not hers? I couldn't believe it!

Later in the day, I somehow convinced Annabelle to let Teddy wear one of her old dresses (a 9 month size). Now I am thinking that I am going to have to go buy some boy clothes for Teddy just so we can continue to call him a "he." He just doesn't look like a she to me.

I think that Teddy did finally make it to bed this evening without pajamas and without the dress. We'll see how tomorrow goes!

1 comment:

Lara Neves said...

Uh Oh is Sophie's favorite word. She says it whenever anything is out of place, or when she has just dumped all of her food onto the floor. :)

One of our bears is wearing Sophie's old dress permanently. She just insisted that he (she) be dressed!