So, out of the goodness of his heart, hubby volunteered to build bookshelves for the cancer center at Grady Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia as part of a charitable initiative through his work.
Honestly, I wasn't too happy with the idea. He didn't ask me. And, as a result, I just knew that our weekends were going to be spent with hubby working in the shed building these bookshelves. It is hard enough dealing with him being gone during the week (for work), much less on the weekend (out in the shed building bookshelves).
I asked him, "Couldn't we just have given enough money for them to buy the bookshelves instead?" He said, "I thought this would give us an opportunity to give this year without hitting us financially."
So, as I mentioned, I was still very irritated, which made for a bad weekend for us because I was so irritated.
He did manage to get the bookshelves built, and for the most part, on his own time when Annabelle was sleeping. I never offered to look at them, but deep down, I really wanted to see what they looked like. He had promised to have them finished and to the office by today. So, I knew he had to load them into the truck this morning. I asked him to take a picture of them so I could see them because I knew he wouldn't if I didn't ask. He said, "You don't really care to see them." But, honestly, I really did want to see them as he always does such great work.
I actually didn't think he took the pictures out of spite, but he did. So, here are a few good shots of his work. They still need a paint or stain job, but I understand that someone else at the office will be handling the painting.


Hubby, thank you for continuing to show your love to others through your kindness. This is definitely one of the reasons I fell in love with you almost 11 years ago! I am sorry for not supporting you like I should have on this project, but you pulled through for everyone as promised, with little time away from me and Annabelle.
I'm just glad you still have all ten fingers! And, for anyone else who doesn't already know that story, I'll have to blog about that one another day!
1 comment:
Very nice work, but I want to know when he had the time to make that many bookshelves? Wow! And he does have a good heart, and you are very lucky, and...on and on and on. Great job! I remember well the story of the fingers, too. But then, I guess I would, huh?
Post a Comment